Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Saidan

sounds

Does anyone know the answer?
Running Doom under Win98 I hear no music at all. Fx sounds clear at the beginning but after ten minutes it begins to fail until it mutes. Deleting cfg file and running setup again restores fx, but after doing this twice or three times it doesn't work anymore. Doom2 simply doesn´t sound. However, ZDoom seems to solve the problem (both fx and music souns well).
Does it normally happens or my drivers are shit (it is possible)?

/me shakes the magic 8-ball and 9-ball

8-ball says "The purchase of a new computer is forseeable in your future"

9-ball says "Bitch, get yourself a new computer now before I kill you with a nail or some shit"

it works in ZDoom fine...

In that case, I'll give you one guess as to what to do when you want to play Doom, you DOLT.

some people rather use the origional (addictive word) doom.exe because it has that doom feel to it that's not quite there in zdoom. Persoanlly I still rather play Zdoom though.

Using "old" doom2.exe to run Doom2 runs into one major problem from the days back then, sound card cannot have an IRQ higher than 7 set, check if this is the case, nowadays windows98 etc sets soundcard irq's higher, 11 for eg.

Yo dawg, what kind of midi device are ya using, and what do you have set as yo soundcard right now? If ya gots multiple choices under midi, try the different ones out until ya find da one dat works. Same goes for sound. And make sure you have chosen da correct DMA and IRQ settings during the doom 2 setup. Check under the windows control panel/system to double check if you ain't sure what they is set to.

me shakes the magic 8-ball and 9-ball

8-ball says "The purchase of a new computer is forseeable in your future"

9-ball says "Bitch, get yourself a new computer now before I kill you with a nail or some shit"

ROFLMFGAO!!!!!

Heh... shit, da 9-ball tells no lies! :P

ZDOOM sucks. There, I said it.

The guy probably has a PCI sound card that isn't compatible with DOS, therefore any sound / music he gets from it playing DOS games is purely coincidental.

It's up to every person do decide whether a src port sux or not.........but you're right >:-p

you two can both die now. Kill yourselves, it's better that way, trust me...

before the Randy Heit hit squad get you, you do not want that.

And did you whores know that Randy and Jack from DeeP are working on a new high res sprite feature that will be used in ZDoom and implemented through DeeP? ZDoom is truly the way forward... just a few more fixes..

you two can both die now. Kill yourselves, it's better that way, trust me...

Damn Pritch, you read my mind :)

yes. ZDOOM is the most advanced port. Or is it? Legacy and Edge DO have 3d floors.

I think ZDOOM is the best for editors while edge is the best for mods. It's hard to way which one is THE port.

yes. ZDOOM is the most advanced port. Or is it? Legacy and Edge DO have 3d floors.

I think ZDOOM is the best for editors while edge is the best for mods. It's hard to way which one is THE port.

HOLY SHIT! I never thought dis shit would happen, but I actually agree with what Meowth just said. Dis is some scray stuff!
0_o

And what do ya'll peeps mean by high res sprite support? Does this mean, we'll finally be able to make sprites with more than dat fuckin' limiting 256 color palette (which is wait I've been waiting too see for eons!).

And what do ya'll peeps mean by high res sprite support? Does this mean, we'll finally be able to make sprites with more than dat fuckin' limiting 256 color palette (which is wait I've been waiting too see for eons!).

It means higher resolution, as in you could replace a 48x32 sprite with a 96x64 sprite without it taking up more space in the game. Basically what it does is double the rendering distance of the sprite, for example, the only 48x32 sprite would be able to fit twice the detail in the same amount of on-screen space.