Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AveryMaurice

List your top ten favorite games.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

For Rock Band 2, and Deus Ex.

I can certainly understand why many people here might not like Rock Band, but when you bring Deus Ex into this you're sure to hit a nerve. :P

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

1 - Call of Duty Series
2 - Doom Series

If anything, we should boot you for putting Call of Duty before Doom... ;)

As for me,

1. Doom series
2. Mortal Kombat series
3. Street Fighter series
4. Quake
5. Quake 2
6. Wolfenstein 3D
7. Duke Nukem 3D
8. Super Castlevania IV
9. Myst
10. Donkey Kong Country series

1. Cave Story
2. Doom
3. Pokemon
4. Death Rally
5. Spyro the Dragon
6. Starcraft (I'm not very good at it)
7. Chex Quest
8. Marathon
9. This really ancient Ghostbusters computer game my grandma had. The floppy was the size of a dinner plate.
10. Mario Kart 64

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

What's wrong with CoD? It has lots of Oldschool features. Unlike Deus Ex, the most boring FPS I ever played.

But why is it better then Doom? In 16 years do you think people will still be playing CoD as much as the Doom community has played Doom?

I am not talking only about Modern Warfare, but the first CoDs too, wich were released 8 or 9 years ago, and yes, I think people will still play them in the next 8 years. (I will be playing, at least.)

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

What's wrong with CoD?

I don't have a problem with it, other than having it shoved down my throat all the time by the people I know IRL, which makes me dislike it a little bit.

I do agree with Avery though, the whole CoD series is like Goldeneye to me, and who talks about Goldeneye anymore?

Mattfrie1 said:

I don't have a problem with it, other than having it shoved down my throat all the time by the people I know IRL, which makes me dislike it a little bit.

I do agree with Avery though, the whole CoD series is like Goldeneye to me, and who talks about Goldeneye anymore?

Well, you are right. Any game can be bad, under that conditions.

I don't really have a top ten. I have ten games I never seem to get tired of however:

Doom
the original doom being the personal favorite

Fallout
mostly 3 due to moddage

The Elder Scrolls
Oblivion is great, Fuck the haters

Castlevania
mostly the post SotN games, though Castlevania IV was good to

Thief
The first Thief is the best. No, I don't mind the supernatural stuff. in fact, I quite enjoyed it

STALKER
mods make everything better. also, you better believe I'm pumped for call of pripyat

System Shock II
Just the second one. yes, the first system shock was probably a more important, I just don't give a toss.

Dues Ex
It's great. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Tie Fighter
FUCK THE REBEL ALLIANCE

Half-Life
the whole series. Yes, even the second one. No, I don't think Xen is terrible, Nope, don't hate the boat section either. Yes, I think the story is pretty good. Nope I... You know what? fuck off. I don't have to defend myself for liking this game. It's great.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:
What's wrong with CoD?

It may be the only game I've ever played that's even DUMBER then Serious Sam. You are given absolutely NO room to think about your approach at all. You charge when the game says charge, hide when the game says hide and shoot when the game says shoot. Look, I don't mind a linear game, but CoD is so blatantly scripted is my as well be a rail shooter.

Unless you are talking about muiltiplayer, which is actually pretty good if you're in to that kind of thing.

Well, I have been avoiding this thread simply because I can't really think of a top 10 games list, but I'll give it a shot.

1. Doom series <--Yeah I know, I'm boring.

2. Megaman series <-- X, Zero, and original series to be specific.

3. Strife <-- The reason I didn't make a 'doom engine games' category is simply because I have yet to see a better doom-based game then Strife.

4. Jedi Outcast and Jedi Acadamy <-- I'm not even a big star wars buff, but I have to say these games were very fun. The multiplayer is very fun as well...when people don't treat it like RP bull that is.

5. Chasm: the Rift <-- Most people had Quake in this day. I had Chasm. Was I happy? Hell yes.

6. Quake series <-- With 2 being my favorite SP experience.

7. Unreal Tournament 2003/4 <-- I would say the Unreal series, but I have only played these two and Unreal Tournament 3 (and I think 3 is inferior to 2003 and 2004).

8. Bomberman series <-- That is, the ones on the SNES and N64. Really enjoyed them as a kid.

9. Goldeneye <-- A game me and my brother wasted more time on then we should have back in the day. Will take this over Cod4 easily.

10. Robot Arena 2 <-- A relatively little-known, but pretty enjoyable time waster. Nothing like dismembering enemy bots.

hi forum,i'd like to know what are your best and fave games that you have played so far.
me:
1-ssx 3 tricky
2-Mega man legends 2
3-the legend of zelda series.
4-maximo
5-Devil May Cry series
6-id doom series
7-the shinning force
8-duke nukem 3d
9-marvel vs capcom
10-helli heroes

saifi said:

it looks all first person shooter.

What made you make that brilliant conclusion? By reading the first posters list and then stopping?

saifi said:

it looks all first person shooter.

I'm just sad to see some people forgot to mention Doom on their lists. Pansy-assed faggots.

1. Ultimate Doom / Doom 2

Because of modability and the perfect FPS monster/weapon balance.

2. Championship Manager 2 / 01-02

The only other PC game I still play.

3. Pro Evolution Soccer series

The only other game I play, full stop.

4. Mortal Kombat 1 / 2 / 3

This pretty much accounted for my early teenage years.

5. Micro Machines

The MegaDrive one that had a level editor, 8 players and a free multi-tap built into the cartridge.

6. Super Bomberman

Brilliant multiplay fun.

7. Quake 1 / 2

After these my interest in FPS games ended.

8. Grand Theft Auto

It seemed limitless when it first came out.

9. Grand Theft Auto 4 / Vice City

I've listed these seperate as it was such a big step up from the top down version.

10. Super Mario Bros 3

My favourite all time platformer.

Hey, at least it could spawn some discussion, it's not entirely stupid.

1) Doom/Doom II - What got me more intensely into FPS
2) HeXen - Cool weapons and neat puzzles, plus a fun Deathmatch mode.
3) Deus Ex - A nice break from the average run-and-gun FPS
4) System Shock 2 - Fun in co-op and infinitely replayable, plus some flexibility
5) Sonic (Genesis games) - Those were the days before Sega decided to whore out new characters.
6) Heretic - Doom for Final Fantasy lovers.
7) Turok 2 - Fun weapons, like that parasite that burrows into people's heads
8) F-Zero X - The only racing game I really like anymore
9) Golden Axe - The game that got me into co-op
10) GoldenEye 007 - The first FPS I owned on N64 and probably will play in multiplayer someday.

Honorable Mentions:
Strife - Arguably the most advanced of the Doom engine games, creating a non-linear HUB and character interaction
Rise of the Triad - Gory FPS with tons of explosions.

1) Classic Doom (all of them...)
2) Ancient Domains of Mystery (ADOM, a roguelike)
3) Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8
4) Lux Delux (computer RISK board game clone)
5) Doom 64
6) DoomRL
7) Earthbound
8) Half Life Classic
9) Battle City (a NES game)
10) FreeCiv (free version of Civilization)

1.GoldenEye
2.Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia
3.Fallout 3
4.Deadspace
5.Street Fighter 4
6.Final Fantasy 6 or 3 (Whatever the fuck its called in north america now)
7.Donkey Kong Country 1-3
8.Megaman X
9.Batman:Arkham Asylum
10.Doom

Straight from my MobyGames playlist:

EverQuest
Ultima VII: The Black Gate
Betrayal at Krondor
Baldur's Gate
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
Final Fantasy II
Team Fortress Classic
Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia
DOOM II: Hell on Earth
Team Fortress 2

In that order.

1. Doom 1 / 2 - I like doom 2 a little more due to the new monsters, super shotgun, and, I guess, ambiance. Doom2 had more of an impact on me than Doom 1 - I think because my dad's computer barely ran Doom 1 and once he upgraded I started playing Doom 2 since it just came out and didn't really go back to Doom 1.

2. Total Annihilation / Spring - I love the flying debris and explosions plus the realistic-looking terrain. Plus everything is true 3D which really impressed me at the time. Now I play TA Spring since it has multiple camera views and easy-to-use commands that didn't exist in the original. I also mad maps for the original game. Oh yeah, and everything is robotic which is awesome.

3. Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun - I love the atmosphere and music of this game. If C&C 3 is anything like this then I definitely need to get that one next. I also made maps for this game, the ability to map for a game is a huge plus to me.

4. Half-Life - I made a handful of maps for this game including a super large scale version of my mom's kitchen as a deathmatch level. The player was the size of a mouse. I still have that map.

5. Quake 1 - Again, the ability to map. Outside of doom, I probably made my largest number of maps for this game. Sadly, they are all lost since they were on a computer that belonged to my family which they got rid of while I was in the service. Apparently, they never understood that what I was making was a form of art - Quake, C&C, maybe even Half-Life, all lost. They never tried to understand or care about just what I was doing with all those hours at the computer. Just because the scope of those who can enjoy that particular form of art is narrow that, it doesn't lessen that fact that it's art. I think I need a drink now.

6. Command and Conquer: Red Alert - good music, good gameplay. I believe it had a built-in editor for making skirmish maps which I used extensively.

7. Doom 3 - I love the ambiance and scare factor.

8. Dark Reign - Another RTS. I liked the futuristic aspect of it along with the music. Of course I also mapped for this plus experimented in making my own units.

9. Command and Conquer - The music kicks ass. It was also the first RTS I ever played.

10. Quake 3 - I thought it was kind of fun, plus I made maps for it.