Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

What are your favorite music groups?

Kagemaru_H said:

Show him some REAL metal, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Black Sabbath, etc.

Bonus points if you use Leather Rebel as an example.

Metal these days...infested with posers who have NO respect for others and listen to music about killing shit...like we don't play a game about killing shit (see also: DOOM). A wise man on YouTube said Metal is about respect.

Try to be calm here. Im going to be honest. Alot of bands I like consist of "killing shit", but I dont care for the lyrics. The music sounds good to me. Im not a poser.

-Thank You

TawmDee said:

i personally don't understand the bickering within the metal community about what bands are the best and what sub-genres rule and suck etc. metal is metal, i love it all. even so-called 'false' styles.. who cares. if metal is about 'respect' then respect that there are more commercial styles of metal (hypocritical of what i said before but i just can't hate any kind of metal including nu-metal, deathcore etc haha) and more brutal styles of metal that, musically, are more than just a 'five year old banging on drums'. a lot of it is seriously technical music. also maybe consider that some hip-hop outside of the mainstream is actually really good if you open your mind outside of the whole HEAVY MUSIC mentality? i dunno.

but anyway, to Contorted_Extirpation - what does this guy who calls you emo listen to himself? most likely he isn't giving your music a chance. is there any music you like that isnt slam death? it can be pretty hard to digest for someone who isn't used to it. if he thinks all metal really does sound exactly the same then play him some motorhead or something... it may be lighter than slam death, more familiar to the mainstream (who hasnt heard ace of spades).. but it's still goddamn metal :P and proves your argument that not all metal sounds the same :P.. im sure you can think of other examples of more traditional metal.
though if he complains about metal being cheesy then i guess he just won't understand it all :P haha

][

TawmDee said:

i personally don't understand the bickering within the metal community about what bands are the best and what sub-genres rule and suck etc. metal is metal, i love it all. even so-called 'false' styles.. who cares. if metal is about 'respect' then respect that there are more commercial styles of metal (hypocritical of what i said before but i just can't hate any kind of metal including nu-metal, deathcore etc haha) and more brutal styles of metal that, musically, are more than just a 'five year old banging on drums'. a lot of it is seriously technical music. also maybe consider that some hip-hop outside of the mainstream is actually really good if you open your mind outside of the whole HEAVY MUSIC mentality? i dunno.

but anyway, to Contorted_Extirpation - what does this guy who calls you emo listen to himself? most likely he isn't giving your music a chance. is there any music you like that isnt slam death? it can be pretty hard to digest for someone who isn't used to it. if he thinks all metal really does sound exactly the same then play him some motorhead or something... it may be lighter than slam death, more familiar to the mainstream (who hasnt heard ace of spades).. but it's still goddamn metal :P and proves your argument that not all metal sounds the same :P.. im sure you can think of other examples of more traditional metal.
though if he complains about metal being cheesy then i guess he just won't understand it all :P haha

I would sneak into his house at night, steal whatever mp3 player he uses, replace all his music with the music you want to show him, then put his mp3 player back. :D

Shaikoten said:

st.alfonzo where can I eat your pancake breakfast? :3

I was going to say that the second I saw his username. :P Zappa is halfway responsible for my love of jazz.

See "influences" on my myspace page: http://myspace.com/timeofdeath
My most recent influence is an instrumental trio called WITT.

It's kind of funny - music has been one of my two main hobbies since 1996, I play drums+guitar and have made songs since 1999, yet I never go to concerts or buy cds or play in bands and I don't listen to music that often (when I do, I just listen to songs that bands post on their myspace page).

Danarchy said:

I was going to say that the second I saw his username. :P Zappa is halfway responsible for my love of jazz.

I was actually attempting to make a more elaborate reference to some of the live versions of "Call Any Vegetable" in which the question is repeatedly asked, "Where can I go to...(insert bizarre thing here,)" but failed in my phrasing!

Speaking of St. Alfonzo, however, if you Zappa fans out there haven't heard it, I highly suggest you all listen to the Nanook Rubs It Suite from You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore vol 1. An epic 20 minute long performance, it features ENFORCED RECREATION in the form of what sounds like a British Heroin addict spouting off entertaining(ly bad) poetry. And yeah, it includes St. Alfonzo's pancake breakfast.

TawmDee said:

][

Kagemaru_H said:

A wise man on YouTube

HAHAHAHA Nice one. Keep it up tough guy.

Regarding the last page or so: If you want people to stop calling you a faggot, stop making them listen to your shitty music.

And really, whining on a forum about people calling you names at school? seriously? What is with the influx of annoying children posting on DWF lately?

TomD get some standards, you're too good for deathcore bro :(

destx said:

HAHAHAHA Nice one. Keep it up tough guy.

Regarding the last page or so: If you want people to stop calling you a faggot, stop making them listen to your shitty music.

And really, whining on a forum about people calling you names at school? seriously? What is with the influx of annoying children posting on DWF lately?

TomD get some standards, you're too good for deathcore bro :(

dude im not whining. go fuck yourself.

deathcore's not bad but it's nothing special. it's like watered down death metal or something. don't mind it. just having some listening sessions to bands that these so-called deathcore fans find amazing. some are pretty average, some are quite good (animosity, born of osiris, despised icon). yeah i guess i have no standards really cause i enjoy listening to it all haha

The problem with Deathcore is it basically is all just a series of breakdowns. Boring. Animosity and Born of Osiris are pretty decent but I wouldn't bother listening to them regularly.

Anal Cunt
Gorerotted
Smallpox Aroma
Cannibal Corpse (I prefer George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher as the lead singer over Chris Barnes)
Carcass
Dying Fetus
Marc A. Pullen
Pig Destroyer
Fear Factory
Nailbomb
Sepultura (before Max left)
Soulfly
Pantera
Machine Head
Chimaira

And a bunch of others I probably forgot about that I'll go back and add another time if I can.

Fenriswolf said:

Doom:

Pentagram
Black Sabbath
Saint Vitus
Witchfidner General
Bedemon
Electric Wizard
Reverend Bizarre
Lord Vicar
The Lamp of Thoth
Witchcraft
Blood Ceremony
Candlemass
Lord of the Grave
Sleep
Trouble
Revelation
Tortured Spirit
Count Raven

I also like the most forms of metal (except Nu Metal and Metalcore), Psychedelic Rock á la Iron Butterfly and German 60's Krautrock (Guru Guru, Xhol Caravan, Amon Düül II, Ash Ra Tempel, Witthüser & Westrupp,...)

SAME AVATAR :D