Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Hi Res Doom2 Wallpaper

Ive been looking for like the last 20 minutes for a good hi-res D00M2 title pic wallpaper or something similar. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good one?

Thanks!

I dont like it that much. It's too orangey.

It looks fine color wise, but it looks kinda glossy. Reminds me of ice cream for some reason.

WOW, that is one SHINY title pic of DOOM 2 but I'm definitely going to use this for my labtop ;)

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Since we're talking about Doom 2's titlepic, can somebody tell me why half of the Doomguy's head looks to be without hair?

I wondered that all my life. Guess being in hell isn't good for hair's health.

40oz said:

I dont like it that much. It's too orangey.

There was something I was working on a while ago as an alternative to that picture: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r185/infurnus1/d2title_wip.jpg
Also, my pic is the correct aspect ratio for desktop background use. The other image is for replacing the TITLEPIC lump or something and is all squashed looking outside of Doom.
I still have to touch up some dodgy spots and add the roman numeral 2... someday.
EDIT: my image was a bit larger but got downsized by photobucket :(
I can't seem to get any other image hosting websites to work unfortunately

SonicIce said:

wait is there an arm coming out of the demons left thigh?

I don't see it. Maybe you're looking at the fleshy part between the 2 mechanical / metal pieces?

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Since we're talking about Doom 2's titlepic, can somebody tell me why half of the Doomguy's head looks to be without hair?

Probably meant to be a variant of the high and tight.

Super Jamie said:

That is really good! Stick the original up at Sendspace or Mediafire or something.

It looks like you somehow already had the original?! http://flatline.superjamie.net/d2title_wip.jpg
(I am joking, I sent it to him to upload)

fraggle said:

Very good, although I can't help noticing there is something missing ...

Like the rest of my quote ???

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I've been thinking of getting the Doom 2 guy's haircut just for fun. At first I thought there was just some wild patch of hair where most balding people would have a baldspot, but it actually looks like it used to be a buzzcut, and then shaved some crazy spikes out of it. I think it would look pretty cool but I can't tell what it would look like on the front.

I was wondering if I should just print out the Doom titlepic, bring it to a barber shop and say "Do this."

40oz said:

I was wondering if I should just print out the Doom titlepic, bring it to a barber shop and say "Do this."

Do it. Match your t-shirt!