Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Your name

As the title implies, what is your Doomworld username/custom title and what significance does it have?

My username is obviously just my first name, and my title is so that people remember my old username (Janitor) and because I use it on all the other Doom forums that I browse.

The name Janitor comes from the fact that I was working as a janitor at my school when I first registered here. I was on a shift and was using one of the work computers in the janitor's closet to view this forum to ask a question, and it seemed appropriate that I should register as Janitor.

EDIT: Also, what happened to Linguica?

Primeval has been my username for various sites and online games for years. Now people in real life call me that. I originally got it from Twisted Metal III's final boss back when I used to play the game.

My name is just Ninja + a shortened version of my real name. Some people say it as one word, but I say it Ninja Lah. It has been my one and only username, other than Shadowninja44 which I only use for xbox. Yeah yeah, I have terribly generic usernames.

I don't have a title yet.

Linguica like, exploded or something.

But my initials are AHA, so I was thinking of having a username that plays with that, but can't bring myself to change it.

My original username was just lupinx when I made my first account (lupinx being just some name I made up. No, it had nothing to do with Lupin the III). Naturally, I quickly forgot my password as soon as possible, so I created a second account called lupinx_resurrected.

After a somewhat lengthy hiatus from doom, I had begun calling myself Kassman for various games and other stuff simply because it was based on my last name Kassap. I also created a simple green-haired character named Kass to represent me in some of my older and shittier net dohizzles. That is who that random dude in my avatar is.

When I decided to come back to doom, I didn't even attempt to remember my password for my second account, so I created yet another. Here I am, rocking like a hurricane.

As for my title? Well that is so because I am the memberiest member here on doomworld you will ever meet.

The origin of my nickname is as sacred as the most sacred jewel in all the land. All that needs to be known is that I am Agent Spork and I am a very resourceful agent for the country.

Okay, so I honestly don't remember entirely. I've been using this nickname for everything since I was in middle school, and I haven't seen any reason to rid myself of it. Afterall, with a name like Agent Spork there is very little risk of signing up for something and having the name already be taken. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it started out as some kind of horrendous in-joke involving a plastic spork from Taco Bell and a magic marker, and just kind of evolved from there.

The brief on my user name. I used to think that the Wild Weasel was a radar scrambling device, and figured it was appropriate because I tend to have similar effects on most electronics I touch, but nowadays I'm more familiar with its more awesome meaning. And I have a lot of respect for the daring men that undertake missions as described in that wikipedia article.

As for my title, well, I kind of requested it. I'm probably not nearly as much of a super-fanboy as I once was, but I still buy (almost) all of the Castlevania games that show up. The only one that I have completely ignored is Judgment.

I used to be Railgunner when i was a kiddo, went to BlackFish, and now I'm fancying SyntherMD for use with music stuff. No title, but I used to have quite a few.

Railgunner was because of an obsession with railguns
BlackFish was because I couldn't think of anything else at the time and thought it was cool.
SyntherMD is related to my music artist project, Synther.

As far as I can recall, I first used the name in-game when trying to think of a character name for the Dreamcast version of Phantasy Star Online when it first came out. I had used it previously some years before that for something else, but I can't remember what that was now. Later I became really active in the Armored Core community, and the name just sort fit that whole vibe, so I had a reason to keep it. It's been a pretty good name and I like it. One good thing about it is that it's rare to see other people using it, so I don't usually have any trouble with duplicate names when signing up for stuff (the exception would be stuff like XBL where there are a bazillion people). In the case when I can't use just plain ole Mechadon, I go with my dumb re-spelling of Mekaddonn to ensure that I won't have any problems with dups.

As far as a custom title goes...well uh, obviously I haven't done anything title-worthy enough yet :P. But elsewhere, I adopt my slogan; Vivat Acedia

Incidentally, there was a similar thread on an AC board. Someone brought up that I had stolen my name from this battle bot thingy. As far as I can recall, I had thought up the name before I knew anything about that :P

Short for "Exile", after an old Amiga game that I've actually never played. What the personal title means eludes me.

It's derived from my first name. I started using it before I had Internet access as a signature for prose and verses I wrote, perhaps because signing with my real name felt strange or was unnecessary.

As for Linguica, he has noted in his Doomworld blog that he's busy studying law. He still visits and posts here on and off.

Older users may have answered in these already:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/20675-username-discussion/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/34566-origin-of-your-username/

My Doomworld username was derived off of my first account, Mithral Link, and then Mithral from Baldurs Gate series from one of the more powerful weapons.
My custom title = How many posts, nothing special about this one.

My username is a result of not having a handle. When I'd join internet games I would choose oh-so-clever nicknames like "your mom" or "some guy" or "(other player)'s crusty vagina". I was on a quest to find the most unassuming name that no one would find egotistical. I tried names like "T1NYP3N15" and "Quilting Fan" and "." but finally settled on "Bucket".

My title is a poem I invented for the launch of the Doom movie.

PhilibusMo, well because it seemd like a good idea when starwars battlefront 2 came out to name myself PhilbusM. And since then it has evolved into PhilibusMo only briefly changing to GenericJoe, but no-one understood the joke, especially as I didn't even use that name on this forum.

I am a member, I have not done anything worthy of a title.

Standing at the bus stop one school morning back in the late 70s, a "friend" of mine had seen the Bond movie "Goldfinger" on TV the night before and for no obvious reason decided to call me after the henchman - "Oddjob" - from that movie. I am not oriental, not heavily built, and do not have a lethal, steel-rimmed hat, and those things were true back then too. However, the name semi-stuck, with that friend at least.

Wind forward a little bit...

The TV show "Grange Hill" appeared on BBC 1. This drama, set in a school, needed a suitable word for the kids to call each other. The insults that kids actually use were not suitable for a TV program so they would tend to call each other "nutjob" eg "Flippin 'eck Tucker, you ain't 'alf a nutjob." Oddjob became Nutjob. That stuck more than Oddjob and a lot of people used to use it.

We're getting closer...

A few years later, still called Nutjob by most of my mates, I was starting to move in more mature circles and, in particular, a friend's dad didn't really like referring to the young man visiting his house as "Nutjob" so he shortened it to NJ, which he felt happier with. That stuck.

Really close now...

It's pretty obvious. I just started spelling it Enjay (unaware that Enjay was in fact a real name too). Sometimes I used to register on forums etc with my real name but more out of randomness than anything, I went with Enjay both here and over at Zdoom (when the forum moved, prior to that I used my real name on Zdoom's old host). Nowadays I tend to use it pretty universally for things on line. Very few people use it in Real-life anymore, but some do.

Anyway, names with a J as the second letter always sound cool. Just ask TJ Hooker or BJ Blaskowitz. :P What? No, it can't mean Blowjob. :/ ('sallright, I know it's Keen's Grandad William Joseph.)

From this song (one of funk's finest, in my opinion):

It also means "a very attractive or stunning woman" according to Urban Dictionary, but I liked using it as an euphemism for motherfucker when I was a kid.

Avery because thats my first name, 1555 I am now annoyed of.

If any moderators or admins are reading this, PLEASE set my username to AveryMaurice. I would love you. I need it to match my other accounts.

I also have no title, damnit.

My username comes from the old AOL account I had when I was about 9 or 10. Obviously as well my name is Matt, and French fries were my favorite food at the time, so I combined the 2 for the screen name and added 1 at the end because I thought it sounded cool.

Heh, I guess I'll say something worthwhile.

My username emerged when I played Quake on the LAN with my buddies. I couldn't really think of much of anything, so I came up with this. It sorta stuck all throughout my life, so here I am. The nick "Seismos", which I use for IRC (and anywhere where "EarthQuake" sounds a bit too immature to use or is taken), is greek for earthquake, using latin characters.

When I was in the marines the term "shitbag" was used by higher-ups to identify marines that weren't following regulations verbatim (such as having a fresh haircut every week). The NCO's and below used the term in a positive way - like admitting and being proud of not following all the anal / superficial rules concerning dress code and behavior. That positive perspective is how I view the term and I created my account here during my enlistment. For some reason I left the "i" out and added 667. Maybe I was thinking the word "shit" would be filtered or something, I don't know.

My name doesn't mean anything significant. I used to go by Krisp (my older online friends still call me krisp), but one day me and a buddy decided to change our names on a forum to characters from adventure games. I decided upon Manny Krispavera and I eventually just started registering accounts as Krispavera and it stuck. Sometimes I go by Pavera. the end

It's more or less based on prince, due to my ego. And the other possible origin, "prints", sounds cool, it's like me printing messages on these forums for a long time.

My custom title was caused by me showing too much delight on Doom being released by Steam with the old exes.

By the way, Patrick: did you indeed choose to change your nickname, or were the moderators having fun? I saw the post that likely caused it, but that wasn't requesting to change your forum name.

Well, the first time I discovered ZDaemon, I was so eager to play I just typed in r_rr. The nickname stuck. I use it for ZD, Skulltag, and so on. I also go by the name Rnitrofish for my youtube account and email address.

When I made my Youtube channel, I chose AbyssalStudios. I (still) have big plans for internet videos, but I needed something to represent where all of my madness comes from. The Abyss of my mind... heh. Now I just use it all over the place for convenience's sake.

The 1 at the end of my name is just because Doomworld got finicky and got rid of the account Abyssalstudios... but told me that it already existed.