Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

Musician's Sharing Thread

With all the music threads appearing again I'd figure I'd start a thread for musicians to share their music. I'll start with my work in progress stuff. None of it is considered finished but it's a good amount to listen to.

The music follows a story about a guy adventuring in a ghost island. I've posted previous WIP before, this has a few more updates etc. When I get back from vacation I'm going to make a lot more.

Synther on Last.fm | Look at Featured Tracks.

Entire Ethpi WIP via Mediafire | 12/17 WIP

BlackFish said:

The music follows a story about a guy adventuring in a ghost island. I've posted previous WIP before, this has a few more updates etc. When I get back from vacation I'm going to make a lot more.

That's an interesting concept, I tried things like that but it turned out too half-assed. I starting listening to the first track and like it, I will listen to both later.

I have a few MIDIs and MP3s but currently don't have a website to share them on yet. I plan on starting a personal site eventually for my various hobbies so I'll upload all my music there. In the mean time, I can email my midi collection to those interested.

I'm working on three different projects at the moment, each of varying genres:

http://www.myspace.com/toxicforthemasses
Gothic Rock/Metal, hell even dark ambient at some points.

http://www.myspace.com/djcyberneticshredderofficial
Anything from Industrial, to club friendly techno, to anything obscure electronic stuff that I can come up with.

http://www.myspace.com/thetreeoflifeproject
Inspired a little bit from Devin Townsend's solo work on Sychestra, but no where close as good.

I've had a forth one going, but its been damn stagnant for ages. It was originally going to be a metal band, but I started work on the other projects and lost interest in it >.<

http://www.myspace.com/cybrosis

Myspace. Horror industrial metal project. Velvet Acid Christ meets Ministry on the set of a Lucio Fulci movie. Recording a new album now. The label we were on was out of the UK and went under during the summer. I think this time around we're just going to do a straight torrent release, as the value of music is just about nothing these days.

You know, it seems like we have more people who compose music here than we have who comment on or critique it. Maybe later I'll listen to every song here and write scathing reviews of each.

I did listen to some of the music posted but, being the self centered musician that I am, neglected to comment.

KingKill: That style of music is right up my alley, especially Lysergic Acid Diethylamide. Reminds me of early, early VAC (my favorite era, pre-Neuralblastoma)

StevieCybernetik: I listened to Toxic for the Masses. Musically it's very sound. Great synth work. It would be nice to hear a fully recorded rendition as opposed to synthesized guitars / lack of vocals. The Dj Cybernetic Shredder was more my thing. I dig these tracks a lot (I'm still listening to them now) Chipset especially. Might wanna hit those kicks with a comp though, almost blew my headphones! :P

PRIMEVAL: I checked out Tenebrae Aeternus. Bone to Pick is a pretty solid metal/rock with a nice 'speaking' synth melody. The only gripe I had was the repetition of the main riff. Kill Em' All was really good too, wished it were longer. My favorite was Factory, it sounds like it's right out of Tetsuo the Iron Man.

Jimmy91: Dig the minimal electro grooves of the first track, Terabyte. Some of the songs seemed rushed, dynamic movements in too short a period of time, but others, like Watching You flowed together very nicely while remaining progressive in structure.

http://myspace.com/timeofdeath

Time of Death is my solo-project since 1999. I started playing guitar in 1996 and drums in 2002. I used a drum machine until 2003. My music started out as atmospheric death/black metal, but has changed as each year has passed. There are 90 mp3s on the myspace page (almost 3.5 hours).

Ed said:

StevieCybernetik: I listened to Toxic for the Masses. Musically it's very sound. Great synth work. It would be nice to hear a fully recorded rendition as opposed to synthesized guitars / lack of vocals. The Dj Cybernetic Shredder was more my thing. I dig these tracks a lot (I'm still listening to them now) Chipset especially. Might wanna hit those kicks with a comp though, almost blew my headphones! :P

Actually, I do use real guitars. All of the guitars you hear where recorded with my Dean ML, but the software that I'm limited too kinda makes it sound a bit woogy. Esp. when I use the wah effect on it lol. I'm going to be recording the vocals damn soon too, so then you'll really get the finished product ^_^