Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xtroose

Yonatan Donner's early work

I've been recently doing some research on Yonatan Donner and found this in Heavy Weapons Blinking text file:

... author of many levels, including:
Yonatan Donner's Deathmatch Collection
(YDDMT.ZIP), and Escape from Hell (YDHLESC.ZIP).
For more details read the text inside YDDMT.ZIP.

I tried to find the two mentioned files, but didn't get any information about them whatsoever.

So, has anyone ever heard of these, or better yet, even owns them? I would really appreciate any info you may have.

Never saw them myself. The DM collection could well have contained some levels made by others, which may explain its absence in the archive. If Escape from Hell contained levels which eventually made it to Hell Revealed, Donner may have not had any need to upload it or may have replaced it. Otherwise, these WADs might have only been on some early website of his.

The chances anyone will remember them are very slim, but it didn't hurt to ask. I was quite sure that these wads have fallen into obscurity. They probably weren't well known, even way back then, and it seems like this is the case with many early wads.

Anyway, I will continue searching for these. If anyone sees this thread in the future and has any additional info, please, contact me. Thanks in advance.

I also have a small legal question. If someone were to find these, or some other wads that are considered lost or otherwise missing, are they allowed to upload them to the /idgames archive?

Xtroose said:
If someone were to find these, or some other wads that are considered lost or otherwise missing, are they allowed to upload them to the /idgames archive?

Yeah, it should be fine. The only exceptions would be the few commercial releases or any that say "you can't distribute this," which I don't recall seeing in any free-of-charge WADs.

If you upload an old WAD by someone else, simply note on the top (the Archive Maintainer line) or the bottom of the external text file that you're the uploader, providing a contact address.

Thank you for a quick response. I'm glad that it is possible to upload them. Hopefully I will locate them one day, but I highly doubt it.