Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fatal error

A new DOOM website

Hello all you doomers Fatal Error here with more of my jibber jabber. Yay!

A NEW WEBSITE

Yes, I have made another attemp at making a Doom site, except this time I won't delete it if people dislike it. I took the advice of the community after my last attemp, and have come up with a more improved product. The improvements include:

1. Looks better.
2. Easy to navigate.
3. Full of info, and even has info on doom for the iphone and a flash version of the doom 1 demo in case your interested in that kind of stuff.
4. BETTER SPELLING! I actually check that stuff now.
5. A domain name. I have paid for my very own domain name, and the site can now be found on google and other various search engines.

Please visit my site and provide feedback and advice here on the forums.

http://www.totcomicsdoom.com/

[OPINION ALERT]

If the original one was a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10 of awfulness, this is a 1.5. Still a 10 on the pointlessness scale, other than for hosting your toddler quality wads!

[/OPINION ALERT]

If you found this site by mistake, or don't like doom (I can't understand why)

MR. HATEOTHERSOPINION MAN

Nomad said:

[OPINION ALERT]

If the original one was a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10 of awfulness, this is a 1.5. Still a 10 on the pointlessness scale, other than for hosting your toddler quality wads!

[/OPINION ALERT]

hurray! I improved .5 percent!

I'd give the site overall a 5.5-6/10 and that's being generous.

Hosting your maps exclusively on your own makes one look pretentious to some extend, despite the feedback you get from the community here. Keep practicing and you will get some positive feedback

1) The dead cacodemon in the upper right is suffering from heavy JPG compression artifacts if you look closely. Open the uncompressed image and save it with less compression or as a GIF file.

2) "Backrounds" should be spelt "Backgrounds".

3) Your Ruins maps don't need simplistic sprite replacements for a handful of maps and the quality remind me of my earlier mapping days.

4) Same things applies to the Castle maps addon I mentioned in #3. Also remember to clean the file with NWT or XWE before distribution!

5) Why host your own stuff when you have the Archives and other places for storage?

Mr. Chris said:

5) Why host your own stuff when you have the Archives and other places for storage?

well they are on the archives, but naturally no one likes them.

fatal error said:

well they are on the archives, but naturally no one likes them.

I'm taking this two ways -

1)No one likes the archives - Bah, not at all. You'll have people on the archive who bash your work to no end, but it's certainly not the archive's falt (nor Ty's for that matter). Keep your head up amongst the crap that flows in for reviews or whatever may sway you to dislike the actual archives.

2)No one likes your maps - Being the one who reviewed two sets of your maps, its certainly not like you'll have people crowding toward you. Your maps are unrefined - you have a lot to work on, I have mentioned this in my second review. Don't get up in arms about it now, work to refine it and then see what people think after the finished project has become a polished gem you are happy with. Even if you were happy with these previous projects it's not too much to hope that you keep your head about you and use any actual criticism to boost your mapping potential

[/end craziness]

But crazy never ends O_O

Avoid all-caps for thread titles.

It's the equivalent of "I use bigger letters for my thread titles because my threads are more special than the rest!"

myk said:

<font color=red>Avoid all-caps for thread titles.</font>

It's the equivalent of "I use bigger letters for my thread titles because my threads are more special than the rest!"

my bad.