Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insane_Gazebo

Maximum line count in DB2?

I think I've hit it, because adding any more lines to my current map and DB2 crashes, not the node builder.

Current Linedef count: 37177

The error I get, is as follows:

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
SlimDX
Assembly Version: 2.0.7.41
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/SlimDX/2.0.7.41__b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9/SlimDX.dll
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.4053
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4053
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.4053_none_d08d7da0442a985d/msvcm80.dll
BuilderModes
Assembly Version: 2.0.1.1157
Win32 Version: 2.0.1.1157
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Doom%20Builder%202/Plugins/BuilderModes.dll
Statistics
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.1001
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.1001
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Doom%20Builder%202/Plugins/Statistics.dll
System.Design
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
Sharpzip
Assembly Version: 0.85.2.329
Win32 Version: 0.85.2.329
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Doom%20Builder%202/Sharpzip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Please tell me there's a way around this, and that I haven't hit some limit. This map has been killing me, and it's finally nearing completion :(

That is the useless part of an error report. Where is the first, useful part of it? The callstack part and the actual error message?

CodeImp said:

That is the useless part of an error report. Where is the first, useful part of it? The callstack part and the actual error message?

Hah. You'd think I'd know how to copy and paste =/ God damn.

Here's the rest I somehow failed Ctrl-C correctly:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Map.MapSet.CompressSidedefs()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.SaveMap(String newfilepathname, Int32 savemode)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.SaveMap()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.ActionSaveMap()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Builder
Assembly Version: 2.0.1.1157
Win32 Version: 2.0.1.1157
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Doom%20Builder%202/Builder.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

You exceeded the sidedefs limit and as a result, Doom Builder tries to compress the sidedefs when saving/testing the map (otherwise the map can't be stored in that format). Obviously something is broken in the compression routine.

Can you remove some sidedefs (just make some linedefs singlesided by going to Linedef properties of a doublesided line and in the Sidedefs tab uncheck the "Back side" box) so that it can be saved without errors. And then post your wad file along with this error report on the development forums where bugs should be posted. Then it will likely get fixed with the next version.

CodeImp said:

You exceeded the sidedefs limit and as a result, Doom Builder tries to compress the sidedefs when saving/testing the map (otherwise the map can't be stored in that format). Obviously something is broken in the compression routine.

Can you remove some sidedefs (just make some linedefs singlesided by going to Linedef properties of a doublesided line and in the Sidedefs tab uncheck the "Back side" box) so that it can be saved without errors. And then post your wad file along with this error report on the development forums where bugs should be posted. Then it will likely get fixed with the next version.

I've gone and posted the bug report. I didn't even realise you had a forum there, heh. (And I feel stupid for not checking.)

Now to see if I can, somehow, fix the map within the current line limit. Gonna be tough, as I had one good chunk of the map to finish detailing.

Fixed in revision 1243, and actually fast in 1244 :)

Since you probably don't want to wait until the next official release you could check out http://svn.drdteam.org/doombuilder2/ and hope for an unofficial build to show up there.

Another thing: how did you test this map until now? I tried to run the map through ZenNode (1.2.1) and bsp-w32 (5.1), both have real problems with it. ZenNode fucked it up, and bsp-w32 crashes instantly.

CodeImp said:
Doom Builder tries to compress the sidedefs when saving/testing the map.

Does DB only do that in said situation or is there a button somewhere I can't find. I would like to retire dshrink.

Doom Builder only does this when saving/testing, because this is the only cases in which it outputs the data in memory to the WAD file. There is really no need to compress the sidedefs just to keep them in memory (computers these days have more than enough memory to contain hundreds of doom maps). I don't see why you would want to compress the sidedefs of a map that is already saved in a WAD file correctly: clearly it doesn't need any compression. Also, you're not saving megabytes with this compression, it really only exist to extend the Doom map format slightly so people can make bigger maps.