Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zro

RTS Vs. ACS

What are the main diffrences between ZDoom's (or Hexen's) ACS -script, and EDGE's RTS -script?

The one main thing would be that EDGE doesn't have polyobjects, but it does have real 3D floors.
The other one is that EDGE's RTS (and DDF's)looks like something i could learn. (I just can't learn ACS)

I'm sorry, but the presence of polyobjects and 3-d floors are really nothing to do with the scripting engines that the ports use.

These are both functions of the rendering engine, which is quite seperate from the script handler. Very approximately, one displays the level architecture on the screen, and the other processes scripts for the actions that take place inside the architecture.

I know that! But polyobjects are controlled by scirpt's, right?

What i meant was abilities of these scipts, like Zdoom's ACS has a camera function, but RTS hasn't (or if it does i haven't noticed it).

Anyway i have already done few working RTS scripts, and a little of DDF editing (new monsters & attacks), and it IS pretty easy.

ZDoom acs is much more a c++ script than a edge rts script.
It's more simple as now ! you only need to knew whats you can makes with acs scripting, ok i like ZDoom, but edge rts can makes new weapons, monsters ...
But when ZDoom will have DoomScript soon