Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArmouredBlood

First attempt demos [never played the map before]

Am I the only one posting here?

Whatever... FDA for Mountain Gorge. Yeah, you're right, it's the word 'slaughtermap' that immediately got my attention. Uh... can't say that I thoroughly enjoyed it or that it's really cool slaughtermap or something (in fact I think its execution is far from being perfect), but what I can say is this is the best vanilla map I've played in a while. I almost don't play them nowadays, but still... Reminded me Valley of Echoes quite a bit.

mtngorge_fda.zip

Demonologist said:

Am I the only one posting here?

I used to post here quite often but for some reason I stopped. Maybe I think that posting FDAs makes me look arrogant, like "hey guys, I'm so awesome that you should watch long crappy demos of me playing casually" or something like that lol. Nowadays I only post FDAs on new maps in the "WADs & Mods" forum because they might be interesting for the authors.

There's nothing wrong with being arrogant. However I don't force anyone to watch my shit, it's purely a people's choice. I see a thread related to this, so why not to post something in it?
...And I still have quite a bunch of FDAs for various megawads, though I don't put them here 'coz it'll be too much of a chore to watch them all lol.

Memfis said:
I used to post here quite often but for some reason I stopped. Maybe I think that posting FDAs makes me look arrogant, like "hey guys, I'm so awesome that you should watch long crappy demos of me playing casually" or something like that lol. Nowadays I only post FDAs on new maps in the "WADs & Mods" forum because they might be interesting for the authors.

My preferred demos are id IWAD speed runs, FDAs of PWADs and other Compet~n stuff, in that approximate order.

I enjoy watching how people explore levels, short of players that have really bad movements. There's nothing particularly crappy about FDAs because the whole point is solving the level you don't know, and an FDA isn't "showing off" any more than a speed run, or perhaps less because speed running is about polishing.

I'm not saying people should post every FDA they make, because we'd just get flooded, but fun FDAs and FDAs of good WADs are certainly welcome from my part.

I posted an FDA pack of Paul Corfiatis' Botero's Mansion. The level is pretty good and I through there was some decent fighting and cute deaths.

pc_botro_myk.zip

Decided to check out the "top secret" MM2 maps today. map01 was pretty crappy but I thought that map02 was kind of cool, it felt like an early HR2 level with some nice surprises for a first-time player. Attaching a FDA with many low hp situations and other funny moments.

mm2info02_mem_fda.zip

^ Heh, I think that happened to me in that level in the past and in the last PWAD I tried (dvpavera.wad) I got a not-so-different but shorter experience of that kind with a happier ending.

dvpavera_myk.zip

a pack of fdas for 5in100-1, that live speedrunning event from tangotv. fun maps. tarns tried to pull a skepland but i magically survived through the lack of ammo.

5in100-1.fdas.dew.zip

Why you did not started again?
Also, more careful playing would be more safe - you can watch some FDAs by strong players, like skepticist for example.

A few FDAs (successful on the first try) for Eternally Yours. Map 02, Map 03, and Map 10. I tried some other maps but died on my first try and didn't bother to restart.

eyfdas.zip

Awesome idea Armour! :)

Here's an FDA for Cannonball's epic Sparta - MAP19, I absolutely loved this! Epic reincarnation of Vile Flesh's City map! I play surprisingly well taking little damage, deliberately moved slowly owing to the sprawling corridors and obvious side traps.

First exit, no deaths.

sparta19-3045-fda.zip

MAP21 - Sparta

Was the architecture inspired by Quake's Wizard Manse? Absolute genius! xD I loved it! Such epic and diverse sprawling combat with an awesome pace and all around ass kickery, it absolutely kept me hooked from beginning to end and that's a very rare quality.

Amazingly first exit despite 7 near death instances >_> Those Cybers behind the blue door are awful, they got stuck in the doorway and I had no ammo so I had to run all the way back somewhere only to find a Megasphere secret so I could be brave and brush past :P I'm glad their was an Invul in the surprise exit because that would have been terribly trollish if not :<

Cannonball is my new favorite mapper :')

Well that was a productive evening well spent, also sorry for the spam posting wasn't certain whether I'd play this all in one go given the monster count but the gameplay hooked me right in.

sparta21-2808-fda.zip

Awesome runs Krypto :)
By the way when you rushed past the cybers at the blue door on map21, if you had looked right into one of the monster closets you would have seen a new opening which contained an invulnerability :P

Their is no way you'd notice that secret invul you mention unless you look at the map because their is barely any indication in the texturing, or.. I was really exhausted by that point :I I only found most of the secrets due to PRBoom's nifty highlight secret passages on the map nearby xD

Bloodite Krypto said:

Their is no way you'd notice that secret invul you mention unless you look at the map because their is barely any indication in the texturing, or.. I was really exhausted by that point :I I only found most of the secrets due to PRBoom's nifty highlight secret passages on the map nearby xD

The secret was already open by then, remember the megasphere secret by the blue key, you shot a switch in there, that switch opened up that secret.
Not the most obvious but when I saw you run back to the blue door, I thought you might have spotted a new alcove that had appeared in the right monster closet :)

Cannonball's Concerned - All of Episode 2 in 137:48 or 2:17:48

Well I got tired of my work load and decided to try this and turns out it was absolutely huge.

Best prepare the popcorn if anyone wants to watch this, I also recorded myself speaking via Audacity which will be combined seperatly on Youtube.

No deaths.. Except for E2M8 because who the hell puts a death exit where you start with 2% then has the lunacy of placing Zombies in that situation?

Can't attach due to being 335KB, I tried the 'Ultra' compression method with 7-Zip but no dice.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Concerned-EP2-FDA.zip

I recommend the left teleporter on E2M7, I have a habit of throwing random stuff in my maps like a Plutonia map11 homage :P
Will watch this later.