Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeenJammin

32 map pixel walk-through?

In ZDaemon, it's possible to walk through a 32 map pixel space and I was wondering if that was ZDaemon-specific or universal?

I've seen it done in vanilla compatible demos, although it apparently requires accuracy and moving at a specific speed.

You can start the map in a 32-wide corridor and not be stuck, but can't enter one. Lost souls CAN enter one, but they have to catch the right coordinates with their 8-long steps.

It's not easy, but possible, as Phml says, under the standard game behavior. It's often called a "glide" in demo recording. It's best done with vertical (back and forth) mouse sensitivity enabled, as it provides more accuracy than key presses.

LOL; no. I can imagine, though.
It may often be referred to as the "glide", but I saw it first in map15 from coopbuildlm. In servers that have skins, I pick NINJA2 and named the "glide", before knowing it as such, the "ninja slip."
I'm making a map15 remix that is entitled that very phrase.
THE NINJA SLIP
MuHaHAHAaHaHAAA

printz said:

You can start the map in a 32-wide corridor and not be stuck, but can't enter one. Lost souls CAN enter one, but they have to catch the right coordinates with their 8-long steps.

You should see some speedruns. There might be a lot of things you didn´t know actually is possible in doom :P