*Steals Abyssalstudios1's screenshot-based lunch and runs away*

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

nom nom nom nom

nom nom

*burp*

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tasty.

Seriously, looks awesome.

40oz said:

Super Jamie and I had been talking about potentially releasing a standalone UAC Ultra texture pack shortly after UAC Ultra's release.

I was sooo glad when I read this. If you guys do release the textures, then it will save me having to beg to be allowed to use them after UAC Ultra comes out. Woot!

ArmouredBlood said:

I want the comp texture from the first screenshot SOOOO MUUUCH. Looks awesome.

That one is actually a recolor of a texture from Biolage textures. It was originally blue (You're talking about the texture in the shot with the cacodemon right?)

For some reason 'heavy metal machine' seems like a good way to describe this.

Will this support coop? Recently me and my roommate have been into playing Doom mods, and whenever something cool and new comes out we usually blast through it pretty quickly. It would also be cool to see maps with built in deathmatch arenas (think alien vendetta) with a similar graphic style.

Fake EDIT: I think Jamie and 40oz should switch to Eternity, use all the cool features and then release this in 12 years.

Mechadon's right, it's a modified tekwall sky :)

The idea being you start on the surface, for which we have made a new sky as well, before progresssing down through the planet which has been turned into a sort of massive hollowed out machine. The last level also has a new sky to reflect the final change in location.

We've got our first feedback from playtesters and have been tweaking and perfecting the first 5 maps, with one undergoing a fairly major redesign which is coming along nicely. The other maps are all in various stages of completion.

And yes, we are designing with co-op in mind.

Sounds pretty awesome. Looks pretty awesome. IS awesome.

Patrick said:

Fake EDIT: I think Jamie and 40oz should switch to Eternity, use all the cool features and then release this in 12 years.

Yeah man! There are no 3D floors, so as it stands, this gets a 0/5 stars!

Oh, and is that an arbitrary Mancubi/Arachnotrons MAP07 I see? Psh, this project was bound to fail from the start.

Looks nice and very different to all the maps out there! Nice stuff guys, looking forward to it. :-)

WADs like these always make me feel like I shouldn't even bother making levels of my own. Very impressive work, 40oz.

MAP02: UAC In Exile

MAP09: Counteraction Terminal

40oz said:

11 single player/coop maps, boom compatible,

If it's Boom compatible, it'll run in ZDoom.... Unless these 2 really fuck something up.

As per that last screenshot: Chaingunning a cyberdemon? You're crazy, 40oz!!!!!!!!

caboose1408 said:

Is this gonna work on the latest ZDoom?

I'm pretty certain it will. I've been playing it in skulltag from time to time to hear the music with Timidity. I dont think it's possible to run timidity with boom (if there is, someone PLEASE tell me) but ZDoom does a pretty good job at running ANYTHING so i doubt you'll have any trouble at all with it.

Snakes said:

As per that last screenshot: Chaingunning a cyberdemon? You're crazy, 40oz!!!!!!!!

I had already used all my rockets on him. That's a later portion of the map, and that particular area becomes a slaughter, and thus weapons and ammo were a tad generous.

caboose1408 said:

Of course hes using it. He's enabled "IDDQD" or "IDKFA".
Come on, he's maxed out on ammo and keys!

In my defense, my eyes would be yellow if I had IDDQD on, and I'd have skull keys if I had used IDKFA.

The more I look at those screenshots, the more I like what I see.

So you`re going to add some custom monsters, huh? Well, ok. But what about new sounds? I hope not? :P

He's not very common, but I also made sure he's not bullshit-hard either.