Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shtbag667 said:

I'm actually considering moving to Seattle because of that kind of climate. I considering somewhere in Oregon or Washington and I'm sure Seattle must have a decent amount of electrical jobs. The thing is, I want to get a house in the country, not the suburbs. I could go on forever on how neighbors piss me off. I don't know if all these things are compatible but it's all just a thought right now.

Well, the good thing about Washington is that there is plenty of rural area and most of it is within a (fairly) short drive to one city or another. I'm sure you could find electrical jobs. I have a friend who is an electrician (mostly naval stuff) and he seems to find jobs pretty easily when he looses his.

And yeah, usually snow isn't a problem here. If we want snow, we can just drive an hour or two up into the mountains. :P

It is snowing here in Colorado.

Fucking mountains. Jeeze.

What I hate about snow is when it snows THEN the temp goes up and it rains on top and you end up with heavy snow that is a bitch to move. Or it then freezes and makes a big crusty mess. Fuck.

Temperatures drop below freezing in Tennesee; 4 dead.
Temperatures drop below freezing in Florida. Governor declares state of emergency.

I love how the southeast is completely helpless against the cold.

It's wonderful being able to be a pretentious and arrogant New Englander in the winter. It doesn't seem too different over here.

It's wonderful being able to be a pretentious and arrogant Canadian in the winter! :D

New England does get a lot more snow than Alberta though. We only win at the temperature contest.

DuckReconMajor said:

*IMG*

The snow we didn't get in the last five years all fell at once, but now it has turned to silica gel pellet-sized pieces of ice. :(

Hey, that was my winter break too!!

DuckReconMajor said:
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2858/snowl.jpg

The snow we didn't get in the last five years all fell at once, but now it has turned to silica gel pellet-sized pieces of ice. :(

I see a frozen toad!

Here it doesn't snow (though it did miraculously for an brief moment one day a few years back), especially now. While it rained not long ago, the only thing falling is people's sweat.

Here in the middle of the desert, we get one snowstorm a year, but the snow stays on the ground for months. We hit a record with the snow from the last storm being here for over 50 days.

Fuck.

Bucket said:

I like driving in the snow. It's fun.

I don't like driving in the snow. It's not fun.

No, driving in snow isn't fun. Mostly because it seems like everyone else has no idea how to drive in snow. I've seen enough jackasses in four wheel drive trucks slam on their breaks at a stoplight and fishtail through an intersection. It doesn't matter if you have four wheel drive, if your tires can't grip the snow and ice on the road, you will skid. Assholes they are. Honestly, if you live where I live for at least two winters and can't figure out how to drive in snowy or icy conditions, then the best cure is a .44 round to the head. Personally I'm absolutely sick of snow, we get it for at least four months every year here, and in the past few years the snow season has been getting longer. We had our last blizzard in May, and our first blizzard the first week of October.

I like driving in the snow when there are no other road users around. It's fun.

The snow just started with us again a couple of days ago, and the previous lot hadn't melted yet. This has been a good winter for snow so far, much better than recent years.

fraggle said:

The snow is less of a problem than the ice. I got fed up of falling over and ordered a pair of these yesterday.

That is a great idea. I will pick up some of those myself. I slipped and fell on my keister in a holly bush on Friday. ow ow ow!

I still adopt a child's mind when it comes to snow, so it's all swell! Should I ever even consider picking up my driver's licence on the other hand, then I'm certain that attitude'll all vanish to be replaced by the predispositions of an elderly man, so I'll stick to snow angels and avalanche clapping until then.

Oh, and also, icicles make the perfect murder weapon!
*nervously taps fingers*

There was a little bit here (well, at my work) today but it didn't settle, just got down the back of people's necks and generally pissed them off, great.

We got hit pretty hard on the Atlantic coast. It snowed on Saturday and we don't have school until POSSIBLY the next Thursday. BS if you ask me, but I'm not complaining. :P

We get buttfucked here in MA with snow and cold. One of the main reasons why I'm jumping ship to a warmer state as soon as I can.

Mr. Freeze said:

We get buttfucked here in MA with snow and cold. One of the main reasons why I'm jumping ship to a warmer state as soon as I can.

Personally, I love the cold. The risk of getting hypothermia when going to the store is a thrill! No, but I do prefer colder states, not Alaska cold though. New York is ideal for me.

We've had nearly constant snow, but it's been really light so it doesn't add up to much more than we already got. Yesterday was one of those weird days where it's cloudy so nothing has any shadows, but it was also really bright. It was like being in a fullbrigth snow map.

I got probably an inch. We're apparently getting blasted tonight and tomorrow though.

Apparently there's a largely unspoken rule around here that if you wear a scarf, it signifies that you're gay. I was advised of this when a guy I met at the smoker's area asked if I was gay. I was happy to inform him I am very not gay, but my neck was warm dry and his was accumulating snow. I may look gay, but it keeps the snow out.

Enjoying the warm weather here in Washington. :D

Also, what the hell? Wearing a scarf does not make you gay. I do it all the time in winter.

Patrick said:

Apparently there's a largely unspoken rule around here that if you wear a scarf, it signifies that you're gay. I was advised of this when a guy I met at the smoker's area asked if I was gay. I was happy to inform him I am very not gay, but my neck was warm dry and his was accumulating snow. I may look gay, but it keeps the snow out.

Sorry to inform you of this, but scarves are being stereotyped for gays.

These are almost always associated with gays/emos. Sorry dude, blame the kids these days. I hate them.

Patrick said:

It depends on how you wear it, really. I like to wear it the gay way and disappoint all the gay people, but usually I end up feeling bad and going out with them anyway.