Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theonegibletiz

Wall will not stop gunfire

some one help me, my first real attempt at map building is being ruined by one section of wall that just doesnt work right. ?????

in other words ive got a wall that rockets fly right thru ???????

is it a wall or just a linedef + texture? Make sure it's impassable too, and if the linedef is gray instead of white, then this usually means it's not actually a wall.

theonegibletiz said:

all line defs are white,
um what constitutes a wall if not a textured linedef?

White is Impassable wall
Grey is walkable linedef.
From what I'm guessing is that sector is not Closed, as in somewhere in that sector two Vertices didn't complete the Wall circuit, so it isn't closed.

uhm, ok. There is lots of errors in your map. Several unclosed sectors and some overlapping linedefs. Dont think I could fix any of them, but then again, Im a noob myself. The wad wouldnt load in prboom, and in zdoom (probably an old version) it looked....totally fu**ed :o

I think someone else with more pro skills have to take a look, hehe

since my last post ive realized that the map isnt even reconized by the gzdoom launcher. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

HELP ME GUYS GETTING FED UP

thanks in advance.

I looked at your map.

It's best to imagine the canvas you draw your map on as an endless brick of solid mass, and every sector you draw is a space you carve into the mass that you can put things in.

That sector you refer to has impassible lines, which are impassible to objects (not projectiles). If you just delete that sector, that would turn the area into solid mass again and achieve what it is you're looking for.

thanks 40oz, now if i can get it to show up in the launch window ill be "sittin' purdy ahuck".

edit: see what your sayin now! that one tip is worth its weight in gold, BOOYAH!