Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Doom Connector

Is this still functioning? I installed the copy from Mr. Rocket's page, ran it and what does it do..it almost loads, terminates and then opens up my ASUS BIOS update program...wtf?

Why is it doing this?

Is this happening when you try installing it or when you try to Run Doom Connector??

Also if you can, Can i get the following...

Folder installed to?
OS version ??
IE version?? (if installed)

if everything seems to be correct i will give you a file that bypasses the updates.. that should get you up and running if this is happening when you try to run Doom Connector it self..

I have no idea why this would be going on because when DC does an update it opens the Update.exe from its own folder, you might want to check on that file open it and see what it is doing when you open it.

DCKasper: Windows XP Home, I think I did install it to Program Files\Doom Connector, now Doom2\DoomConnector . I don't use IE but the version installed is 8.0

My user account for XP has administrator access.

Oh, no wonder..the ASUS Update executable is also named Update.exe. Renaming it didn't do anything, it waited until the file was renamed back.

Bucket: This? http://doomutils.ucoz.com

That's weird man DC is supposed to only open the Update.exe in that folder well i'm going to give you a link to a more up to date version and disable the auto update for you until i can get it figured out.

Ok the files that are contained in this file are the most up to date so the update process should not trigger..

http://pchost.dyndns.org/dc3/DC_351.rar

just download the Zip file and install over your existing install and it should work if not i will provide you with the file to disable it.

Thanks, that worked...but clicking the middle button between minimize and quit in the upper right moves the screen way to the left and I cannot move it over..it's not a big thing but I'm stuck having it maximized or minimized.

My bad, That is my configuration file i tried to set it as close as default as i could to Fix that issue just delete it i had it setup for dual screens. that might be the case.. deleted the Connector.cfg should solve the problem.

Mr. Chris said:

Thanks, that worked...but clicking the middle button between minimize and quit in the upper right moves the screen way to the left and I cannot move it over..it's not a big thing but I'm stuck having it maximized or minimized.

An annoying as hell problem that has plagued that program for as long as I can remember using it (mid 2003..)

It's 2010.. man time has blasted by.