Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E.J.

Doom64 maps for Doom 2?

Hi, I'm a bit of newb to this stuff, so feel free to ignore my stupid questions.

I'm looking for Doom64 maps for Doom 2, but all I could find was the first 7 levels here:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/doom-64-maps-for-doom-ii
Is there anyone anyone who knows if all 30+ levels, that work with Doom 2, can be found?

E.J. said:

Hi, I'm a bit of newb to this stuff, so feel free to ignore my stupid questions.

I'm looking for Doom64 maps for Doom 2, but all I could find was the first 7 levels here:

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/doom-64-maps-for-doom-ii
Is there anyone anyone who knows if all 30+ levels, that work with Doom 2, can be found?

Try to contact forum member Kaiser, he's been working his ass on this project and I say it 95% like the game.
Or just search on forums for "Doom 64 Tc" or "Doom 64 Absolution"

He's looking for Doom 64 maps playable in Doom 2.

Yes, for Doom 2. I once had the N64 version, but alas no longer. It wouldn't serve my purpose anyways though.

I need maps like the seven above that'll run on any port, without the pk3 requirements of the Doom64 TC.

In other words I just want to be able to use the maps, alone, using an original exe, or basic source port.

E.J. said:

Yes, for Doom 2. I once had the N64 version, but alas no longer. It wouldn't serve my purpose anyways though.

I need maps like the seven above that'll run on any port, without the pk3 requirements of the Doom64 TC.

In other words I just want to be able to use the maps, alone, using an original exe, or basic source port.

What's wrong with the pk3 requirements? Just curious.

E.J. said:

This isn't feasible due to the original Doom engine's limitations.
Replicating the maps(especially the later ones) would require scripting of sorts(which neither Doom2.exe nor many ports have), or a LOT of clever and hacky linedef and sector usage.

And that's not even dabbling into behavior and things exclusive to Doom 64.

Darkman 4 said:

What's wrong with the pk3 requirements? Just curious.

It's not supported on the port I want to run the maps with.

Forgive me for asking, but would a least the first 32 maps of doom 2 be convertable? Are there problems after level 7, which is why the linked mod I gave only had those?

The D64 levels in general cannot be ported to basic Doom. They all contain some basic scripting or effects that just don't exist.

The old Doom64 TC is the closest bet. If you were to strip down the levels to Doom2 features you won't get anything useful. Even the 7 levels you mention are already no longer sufficiently close to the original.

What's wrong with the TC, btw? Do you really want to play this with Doom2.exe? That sure wouldn't be much fun...

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I once started a project to have Doom64 maps using Doom1/2 assets and gameplay. Boy did that end up in failure.

I've been looking around, myself. I can't get Absolution to play for some reason and I can't find any others.

Kaiser said:

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I once started a project to have Doom64 maps using Doom1/2 assets and gameplay. Boy did that end up in failure.

Oh, I dunno, the couple of D64 levels that made it into ConsoleDoom.wad turned out alright...

scalliano said:

Oh, I dunno, the couple of D64 levels that made it into ConsoleDoom.wad turned out alright...

And the D64 maps in this is probably the closest the OP is going to get to what he is wanting.

Yeah, hi, I'm new here. I've been looking for something similar, only I've been looking for the monster and item sprites.

Doomguy95 said:

Yeah, hi, I'm new here. I've been looking for something similar, only I've been looking for the monster and item sprites.

Someone on the Skulltag forum supposingly made a decent port of the Doom64 enemies so they can work in outside of the TC, including edits of monsters that are included in Skulltag. I can't find the post but I do know a guy named "doom space marine" on Doom Connector can help you...just mention my name to him, it should help you.

Mr. Chris said:

Someone on the Skulltag forum supposingly made a decent port of the Doom64 enemies so they can work in outside of the TC, including edits of monsters that are included in Skulltag. I can't find the post but I do know a guy named "doom space marine" on Doom Connector can help you...just mention my name to him, it should help you.

Woah! I just met him yesterday in Co-op of Alien Vendetta. Such a small world... Thanks.

Mr. Chris said:

Someone on the Skulltag forum supposingly made a decent port of the Doom64 enemies so they can work in outside of the TC, including edits of monsters that are included in Skulltag.

That would be me.