Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trooper077

The End Of Conan With NBC???

I thought I had read something to that effect. NBC has effectively demonstrated that a 5 year old could manage their station better. Why in the hell are they putting Leno back in that spot when the ratings for his new show are in the toilet? Madness I tell you....

I think that they want conan to leave,then they can give jay leno back the tonight show,but doing this could result in a law suit by conan

No, they'll just have to pay out for breaching the contract.
Conan needs to get the hell out of there. He shouldn't be taking any of the credit for ruining one of the great entertainment staples in history.

Wow. I heard rumor of this Friday morning, but was hoping it wasn't true. Conan has always been my favorite late-night host (though I'm starting to really like Craig Ferguson) and I was happy for him becoming the new Tonight Show guy. It seems really lame for Leno to announce 4 years or so ahead of time that he was going to be leaving his show only to come back 5 months later now that his new show isn't working out. If I were Conan, I'd be really pissed, so I wouldn't blame him for trying to jump ship.

Nomad said:

Craig Ferguson > *

I've only seen his show about 3 times, but yes, easily.

Leno's just jealous because is 10pm show flopped like the chinfish from Cavestory.

Conesy's show is my favourite late night show. Whatever happens, I hope I can still watch a show with him, Andy, the band + others who are involved with it. If he moves to another network, would it be realistic to see all of those people I mentioned who are involved with the Tonight Show move to another network with him???

I was actually at the taping of Monday's episode of the Tonight Show... the whole thing was a big bash on NBC and their handling of the situation. I've never been a Leno fan, and I never will be, so naturally, this situation is just bullshit to me. You don't just have a person move across the country with his family to say, "Fuck you," later on... I have to remember I'm talking about NBC, though. The network that values Jimmy Fallon as a part of their late-night lineup. Yes, it is the network of idiots.

Conan is the only late night host I like, and I feel bad now for not watching his new show. Unless you grew up in the 80's or 90's, you probably don't give a shit about the traditional late night format, so when Leno left, I imagine his fans left with him. I don't blame Conan in this case, just unintentional fanboyism.

It's bound to take a hit to ratings when they change a long running host like this. People don't like change.

Snakes said:

I was actually at the taping of Monday's episode of the Tonight Show... the whole thing was a big bash on NBC and their handling of the situation. I've never been a Leno fan, and I never will be, so naturally, this situation is just bullshit to me. You don't just have a person move across the country with his family to say, "Fuck you," later on... I have to remember I'm talking about NBC, though. The network that values Jimmy Fallon as a part of their late-night lineup. Yes, it is the network of idiots.

Yeah, I watched the episode on Hulu last night. His whole monologue was just ripping into NBC. It was hilarious.

Danarchy said:

Yeah, I watched the episode on Hulu last night. His whole monologue was just ripping into NBC. It was hilarious.

I agree with Deon Cole. Conan is the pretty ho.

He's funny, but how many of you actually watch this show? I don't think our generation watches tv as much as the one that watches Leno because our thing is computers. I think Conan is funny, but I certainly rarely remember to watch.

That's big $$$

Yeah, especially with NBC putting everything available online now. If Conan leaves, great... but Fox has a bad habit of cutting their good shows too soon, also (SEE: Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks). The big networks are stupid as shit in general. They forget that during the writer's strike, Conan, Jon Stewart, and Colbert basically made comedy happen and saved everyone's ass. You can't just tuck your tails after a couple of months... Leno sucked at the start, too (even worse than he does now). Then again, the chose Leno over Letterman too.....

NBC just sucks.

Ralphis said:

He's funny, but how many of you actually watch this show? I don't think our generation watches tv as much as the one that watches Leno because our thing is computers. I think Conan is funny, but I certainly rarely remember to watch.

That's big $$$

I'll watch Letterman, but only if I happen across it while channel surfing.

Ralphis said:

That's big $$$

Yeah, that's true and I kind of feel bad because of it. I did at one time watch his show religiously, every night. But that was back when I was depressed, jobless, and living with my mom. I could afford to stay up all night. Anymore though, the show comes on about the time I should be going to bed because I have to work in the morning. I really WANT to watch it, but I don't have the time. Or the TV. When I was living by myself I didn't pay for cable TV because it seemed like a huge waste of money. Even now when I'm living with my dad who pays for cable TV, I don't watch it on the TV in the next room because I'd rather spend time on the computer chatting or playing games. Heh, I need to get a TV in my bedroom so I can fall asleep to late night TV. :P

I actually made time to watch his show tonight, and I realized I forgot how hilarious he is. I started watching Late Night during his first season, I think I started watching about three episodes in. For the next seven years I tried to watch it every night. I kind of lost interest after Andy left, but when I caught it he was funny. But damn, the monologue from last night and tonight were fantastic. Might help that he rips on NBC, and you can tell how pissed he is, and keeps doing the show with a smile. Always been my favorite late night talk show host, intelligent, idiotic, egotistical, humble, and hilarious at the same time. Still, even if they let him keep the time slot, and tell Jay to fuck off like they should've a good 10 years ago, I doubt he can stay. His opinion of the network is perfectly clear, and after you tell your boss to fuck off, things will be very awkward around the water-cooler. In any event, hopefully things will work out for him and all the people he uprooted to bring to Los Angeles. The whole debacle really cinches my hatred for NBC, coupled with the fact that their news site has copious amounts of system freezing pop ups.

I watch Conan when I'm at home when he's on. I watched Late Night religiously.

Edit:

Jello said:

The whole debacle really cinches my hatred for NBC, coupled with the fact that their news site has copious amounts of system freezing pop ups.

same with me, I am going to feel a little annoyed when I watch the Olympics and the NHL on Sundays 'cause that's all that's left of the network worth watching once Conan is gone.

Nomad said:

Craig Ferguson > *

This.

I used to watch Craig religiously when I had more time (i.e. before I became a college undergrad working on a B.S. in Sociology).

I watched a bunch of late night TV last night. I could not stop laughing at Conan's show, especially the monologue. I think I'm going to watch it every night next week, if he doesn't get fired over the weekend. I really hope he gets another show after this (on Fox or wherever).

I just find it sad that conan only had the show for 7 months,now he has to move his entire crew to whatever network he goes to next,IF he joins another network.