Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemini09

Testers wanted

As the title reveals, play-testers are wanted for Xmas Doom.

There are 2 levels, and what I want, is for you to record a demo (using GZDoom version 1.4.1) on your first run of each level. This is to get insight on how people play the maps.

After that, your job is the typical play-tester job; play through, look for bugs, and give critical feedback on what you did and did not like, if finding the paths was reasonable or not, and feedback on how you think it plays in general.

I would appreciate it if you volunteer only if you are serious and dedicated, as I've experienced people signing up only to disappear and waste my time.

You can leave your e-mail, but preferably your MSN. Only sign up if you can give feedback and demos within a couple of days, thanks.

"A couple of days"?! :O Forget it! People work or study. You can't demand them to test your .WAD in two days. Give them a week, at least... especially if you ask for detailed feedback and want them to test your .WAD on various skill levels and with different ports!

Actually it is late evening here!
...And I woke up the right side of the bed this morning (the other one is against wall!). :)

Ismaele said:

"A couple of days"?! :O Forget it! People work or study. You can't demand them to test your .WAD in two days. Give them a week, at least... especially if you ask for detailed feedback and want them to test your .WAD on various skill levels and with different ports!

If you don't have the time for it then.. don't do it.

i've never done a demo before. i don't mind helping you but there's a few questions i'd like to ask about gzdoom before i try.

1. does gzdoom kill other 3d applications (direct3d) when it runs? lets say i'm running an mmorpg windowed.

2. can i use vanilla zdoom to record?

3. can i use jump/crouch for the map?

It doesn't kill other 3D applications, provided your PC can handle it. I'd prefer if you didn't use ZDoom, and jumping is allowed and required.

Ismaele said:

In fact I won't do it! I just wanted to give a tip to gemini09.

What if you had a week instead? :) I'd welcome you on board, considering you run a review site. I haven't worked on this Wad lately and the idea was to release it last week, which clearly hasn't happened... Send me a PM if you can.

It's not to be tested on different skill levels or different ports, by the way... It's only for GZDoom, and skill levels aren't implemented yet so you will test ULTRA-VIOLENCE, but it's not literally ultra-violent, seeing as it's a Xmas mod, so it shouldn't be a cause for concern :)

gemini, i'd post a demo but it'd be kind of pointless. it's a big city, and it seems i have to rob the bank, but the city's a decent size, and i don't know where to go. i'm trying the doors to all the buildings but no luck. where should i go first?

Try the hotel... if you look at the backside of the bank, there's a door that you can't reach from the ground.