Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demon101

Which is your favorite Doom boss

From the original series...what DuckReconMajor said.

I have to say, though, that that Gatewatcher from Plutonia 2 was pretty fucking awesome. And scary-looking, actually. Definitely a major improvement over the battle tactics for the old Icon of Sin, which was basically stupid elevator games with monsters behind you.

Anything that's not a joke sprite hidden in a cranny behind a midtexture.

Creaphis said:

The spider mastermind needs some love.

Not that I'm going to give it.

Yeah, what the fuck, it's not like I'm going to step on a bandwagon praising an overused enemy.

Go Spiderdemon. More challenging to place on maps than Cyberdemons.

Otherwise, I really like the Overlord (as well as SergeantVeteran's Cacolord which is mostly based on that -- WARNING: not much quality into it and not (yet) looking like that screen). The overlord's mouth is scary just to look at it on a static screenshot. I think its attacks are OP, though. A monster that size shouldn't be able to kill three cyberdemons with ease, but it is...

I would have chosen the Cyberdemon in the past, but my favorite now is the Spider Mastermind simply because it is an underused boss with potential. I decided to make good use of it in my cc4 map :P. My least favorite would probably be the icon of sin (used as a wall), because it is the usual stock way a megawad is ended. Rarely do I see it used creatively, such as in Plutonia 2 or *cough* Kama Sutra.

Cyberdemon.
And as for a custom boss... The 4 Cybruisers which were first introduced in Demon Eclipse Map03. An unforgettable encounter, indeed.

@Sarge: I've never seen that guy before - he looks pretty mean!

As for my personal favourites:

Stock: The Cyberdemon and the Motherdemon.
Custom: The Moloch, Thamuz, the Source from UTnT and zap610 from CIF3.

Stock : The Cyberdemon.
Spider Mastermind would have been a lot better with more health and a lesser pain chance value. Barons of Hell are great, their appearence was scary back in time.

Custom : So far, Eriance's Overlord.

I like the Cyberdemon because it actually puts up a fight against the marine with 4000 HP and a rocket launcher.

The Doom Wiki said it was originally the Harbinger of Doom before BJ Blazkowicz (whatever he's called) cut off his arm and leg or something.

Stock:
Before Doom 2 and only with shareware- Baron
After- Mother Demon from Doom 64 (It's stock, don't argue)

Custom:
For the lulz: Gangsta Grosse.
For real: Thamuz , the first Archon of Hell before major updates (I got it before it was updated.), and also the Dual-Rocket Launcher Cyb.

The "Doominator" from Nimrod. :p (I gotta pimp my own stuff cause noone is doing it for me. ;_; )

rf` said:

The Millennium Boss

If only. :/