Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flubbernugget

Does anything compare to the BFG?

I've always liked The Redeemer in the Unreal franchise.

There's a few guns in alandoguns.wad that are < or = BFG9000.

Redeemer makes an appearance in Alandoguns too.

The BFG10000 fires 5 room-clearing plasma balls for the price of one.

Redeemer is pretty impressive.

Singularity Cannon from Unreal 2 will kill just about anything in it's path.

UT SuperShockRifle is an instant kill for anything under 1000 health I think.

*Insert obligatory Half-Life gravity gun here* doesn't do any damage but you pretty much 1 hit kill enemies with it.

Yeah but neither the gravity gun nor the golden gun can wipe out the entire room of baddies in one shot. If I had to compare the BFG to any gun from those games.. well I don't think I could!

Krispavera said:

Yeah but neither the gravity gun nor the golden gun can wipe out the entire room of baddies in one shot. If I had to compare the BFG to any gun from those games.. well I don't think I could!

Well yeah i agree but in term of ''damaging'' power and not effectiveness i still think gravity gun deserve the spot. I mean technically throwing the enemies is a 1 hit kill (which could count as damaging i suppose) but yeah it cannot kill an entire room.

Type in console sv_fastweapons 2 and sv_infiniteammo 1.
Then choose the boomstick. That thing can destroy maps in seconds.

The glitched out gravity gun at the end of HL2 was pretty bad ass, but yeah it doesn't compare to the BFG at all. Damagewise, probably the closest thing I've seen is the Redeemer. I can't speak for some of the other weapons mentioned here though.

Redeemer is fairly good balance anyway since you can easily kill yourself with it too.

eargosedown said:

Would that make it a BFG Over 9000?

=P

No, it would make that meme over due for never being referenced again ever.

Actually.

Action games might have bombs that clear all the screen save for the protagonist. For example Star Fox has those nova bombs. The Doom BFG9000 is not much different from other screen-clearing attacks.

Shinobi's and Golden Axe's magic. Those kicked ass, literally and visually. Especially in Golden Axe, you could summon a BIG FUCKING DRAGON or an ATOMIC EXPLOSION to pwn j00r 3n3m13s! Extrr333m3E11!11!

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Fusion Cannon and Chronosceptor from the first Turok.

Don't forget the Nuke from Turok 2. That was a beastly weapon and, I thought, worth finding the pieces for.

theonegibletiz said:

cant believe nobody mentioned the BFG 10K from Quake 3. High rate of fire ludicris damage and big splash effect.

QFT.

Uber Epic weapon.