Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your non-Doom game picture/video! [read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]

Woolie Wool said:

Wing Commander: Advance Guard, a FreeSpace 2 mod I and another member of the FS2 community are working on, in the spirit of Wing Commander 2.

Hah wow, looks great.

exl said:

What happened to your flashlight?

I actually rarely find myself using it, probably just a bad habit. I have to re-upload the video, since Fraps lowered my framerate unbelievably and I decided to recapture.

From the screenshots I've seen Minecraft seems to have some horrible graphics with it...

Playing it, I think the game looks gorgeous. It's a colorful world full of vibrant colors, and the long draw distances sometimes make for beautiful scenery.

(This is all in SP, MP as it is ruins most of what's great about the game in my opinion.)

Shameless plug time:
<DXL Project Videos>

(This isn't the most recent build, but I don't have a newer video anywhere).

Oh right, I said I'd post these...

Outside.

Inside.

With six other people helping me work on this and !give commands this took just short of two weeks. No other modifiers such as flight, speed, or editors were used.

lucius said:

Shameless plug time:

Where's mah outlawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws???

Yes, I know, renderer and whatnot, but can't you just paint some sand on the ground in Dark Forces to make the children happy?

DuckReconMajor said:

Where's mah outlawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws???

Yes, I know, renderer and whatnot, but can't you just paint some sand on the ground in Dark Forces to make the children happy?

Only a few builds away from beta... then you'll get your wish (that and I'll resurrect the level editor project - see here for early screenshots).

Most modern games just seem to be more graphically updated versions of DooM but that don't play as well... wheras this looks like it's own unique game, which is rare in the gaming industry today. :P

By modern I mean the release date.

DeathevokatioN said:

Most modern games just seem to be more graphically updated versions of DooM but that don't play as well...

And you seem to have absolutely no idea how stupid this sounds.

Ed said:

Yeah, thanks Bliz. New patch kicks ass.

Har har. I know my dad is having problems with pieces of his armor (like the spikes on his shoulders aren't showing up). Still, the game looks better now.

What is up with your everything?

Anyway, woke up this morning to a posse of troublemaking animals bouncing around and stomping on my wheat. Cows were beaten and all was resolved.

*chews straw*

They jumped over the fence from the ledge in the top left, which I've cut back.

I hope not!

The graphical mess that you see has been really wide-spread with many users filing complaints. Blizzard's phased out quite a bit of a video cards that they would support, mine being one of them. Running in OpenGL as opposed to d3d and disabling all of the new features seemed to do the trick. It doesn't really matter now, patch 4 broke the game. I'm so done with wow.

DuckReconMajor said:

What is up with your everything?

I made my own textures.

Ed said:

I hope not!

The graphical mess that you see has been really wide-spread with many users filing complaints. Blizzard's phased out quite a bit of a video cards that they would support, mine being one of them. Running in OpenGL as opposed to d3d and disabling all of the new features seemed to do the trick. It doesn't really matter now, patch 4 broke the game. I'm so done with wow.

AHAHAHA

If only quitting WoW was that easy.

Play Doom, it's just that fun. Don't tell me you were willing to leave the forums for awhile, for World of Warcraft...

printz said:

Play Doom, it's just that fun. Don't tell me you were willing to leave the forums for awhile, for World of Warcraft...

I was pretty deep into it, I'm not gonna lie. Actually, playing Greenwar 2 and Sunder made me feel like some sort of relic that would never be able to keep up with the whipper snappers making these epic maps.