Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your non-Doom game picture/video! [read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]

Mattfrie1 said:

Lemmings, Lemmings everywhere.

3D Lemmings just sounds like it would be a huge headache. I remember playing the hell out of the first Lemmings, though. That, and Lemmings Tribes, I think it was called. It was basically shareware and each episode was a different sprite & tile set. The shareware had the classic lemmings, ninja lemmings, and Egyptian lemmings. I don't know what else there was because I never got the full game.

lupinx-Kassman said:

{IMG}

Robot Arena 2 is a fun game, but sometimes the A.I. can go fuck itself. (Yes, I am the bot on the far right, and I am not just supposed to look like a box.)

I made a thwack bot once. But I much prefer the ram bot I have since it's a more durable and effective design.

6 HP drive motors + 9 Iron spike array = God Bot

Danarchy said:

3D Lemmings just sounds like it would be a huge headache.

It isn't really. The control's take a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun.

Good business tip: Advertise a half-assed broken flash version of a game on a website where everybody has the full version.

Shadow Dweller said:

I made a thwack bot once. But I much prefer the ram bot I have since it's a more durable and effective design.

6 HP drive motors + 9 Iron spike array = God Bot

Heh, its been a while since I played the game. I used to have some good ones I made, but for now I just have edited versions of the defaults.

By the way, not a game without its fair share of glitches.

I got my ass-end stuck in the ground somehow, which repeatedly damaged me and timed me out.

As far as I know, the floor texture is not supposed to turn into a giant robot arena 2 logo.

You know something is wrong when admins suddenly start changing the entire game around you in TF2.

Includes epic rocket spam, crazy gravity and much much more!

lupinx-Kassman said:

Heh, its been a while since I played the game. I used to have some good ones I made, but for now I just have edited versions of the defaults.

By the way, not a game without its fair share of glitches.

Yeah, I got stuck in the floor several times, and have even fallen through it on occasion.

I've also seen my fair share of "Havok explosions", which are a nightmare if you don't have a robot that can right itself or otherwise move upside-down.

This is pretty much the reason why I abandoned all vertical weapons and stick to invertible designs.

I've been dicking around with some N64 games again this week...

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2q17aco.png

Perfect Dark:

Super Smash Bros (my high score so far):

Goldeneye:

I'm actually working on a new recreation of Doom's E1M1 as a level mod for Goldeneye, and I was gonna post some shots of that... but I still need to fix a few leaks, and it's not properly optimized for real play in an emulator yet, so that can wait for later. :D

Nice score Mithran Denizen, ether you cheated or you just happen to be very skilled at smash bros :)

Btw what character were you using?

I believe I made that run with Donkey Kong.

I'm not that great at the game, actually, but I just kept grinding away at it every night for a few weeks until I made a full run without being hit. The stupid Kirby and polygon rounds kept screwing me up the most.

On topic, two of my favorite SNES games:

Clock Tower:

E.V.O. - Search for Eden:

E.V.O. in particular is fairly odd; you start the game as a tiny fish, and as you level up, you can use the game's version of Lego-style-genetics to 'evolve' into various creatures built from different parts.

Clock Tower is an horror-style adventure game where you try to escape a mansion while stalked by a demonic kid with oversized scissors. I think there's a PC port of it too, but I've never played it.

Gotta say Mithran, that's some impeccable taste in gaming goodness right there. I especially love Clock Tower and EVO for the SNES. Clock Tower still manages to get me on edge; it's got fantastic atmosphere.

Mithran Denizen said:

Screenshots of Goldeneye and Turok 1

Man that takes me back to 1997. Good times.

Been playing Minecraft a lot lately. Beds seem a bit buggy. I keep getting attacked by zombies when sleeping in a fully-lit enclosed room.

Anyway, my friend has a server and I've been playing on it with a bunch of other friends. We have some pretty awesome bases set up, the center point being the huge castle near the spawn point.

Also, I've been watching the hell out of these guy's Minecraft multiplayer LP:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos#p/c/F60520313D07F366

Danarchy said:

Been playing Minecraft a lot lately. Beds seem a bit buggy. I keep getting attacked by zombies when sleeping in a fully-lit enclosed room.

Do not put a bed adjacent to any wall. I still sleep with my sword selected juuuust in case...

The only problem I've ever encountered with beds is that every once and a while it'll tell me "I can only sleep at night" even though it's midnight.

it seems you need to be level with a bed in order to use it -- it's kinda weird that they use the generic "you can only sleep it night" for all failed sleep attempts, though.

Fuck beds. Real men gear up and go out and kill zombies and creepers in the night...or head down into the mines and get lost for a few days searching for diamonds, well diamonds and creepers I guess. Or just turn the difficulty to peaceful and don't worry about anything.

DuckReconMajor said:

I play on peaceful. I just like being able to see without a gabillion torches.

edit: life in hell is pretty grand

Is that...a house made of diamond blocks?