Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jute

Blasphemer Hosting

For a while I've been hosting a really rudimentary page for Blasphemer, which, for those who don't know, is basically "FreeHeretic": http://jeshimoth.com/jutegyte/blasphemer/ This site has no real means of submission, no SVN, etc. and I personally have no means of providing that or maintaining it on my webspace. It is a very closed and thus unsatisfactory setup.

Would the people in charge of FreeDoom consider hosting Blasphemer along with FreeDoom/2/DM? That infrastructure would be a great boon to the project, which is of course very similar to FreeDoom/etc in both spirit and in technical details. I hope it's not too forward a question to ask, but it really seems like the natural and best home for the project.

Would definitely be good to have it along side the other Doom-ish Free-projects, I think. It'd be a good way to get people to notice it :)

So, people in charge of FreeDoom, what do you think?

This looks interesting, but may I ask whether you are asking to integrate it with Freedoom's deutex-tree or just borrow our hosting resources (which themselves are available because we host on Savannah although there's many more like Gna! or SourceForge)?

I'll check it out a bit later for the case of the former. Sounds like a cool project either way.

Thanks for the interest. Integrating with Freedoom's deutex-tree would be ideal due to the very similar aims and (obviously) technical details of the projects. I'm aware that there are several possibilities for open-project hosting, but having all Doom-engine open-content projects linked instead of dispersed around the internet makes a whole lot of sense, not least of all because contributors for one project will be more likely to discover and contribute to the other.