Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ArmouredBlood said:

So ... these are some pretty experimental levels.

Yes and no. I like doing concept maps, but I don't see anything tentative or unproven about them. I mean, as far as I know, I've ironed out all the kinks.

It's more a matter of moving to the next level imo - these maps are like 2-3 small engagements, try expanding to something larger and spend more than an hour or two on the map. Mess around with a large area; start with a small area and expand it; make a ton of small rooms and connect them with corridors - just try some other stuff. Speaking of corridors, that's a lot of what your maps are. Try a hellish cave or 5, they're very conducive to that.

ArmouredBlood said:

It's more a matter of moving to the next level imo - these maps are like 2-3 small engagements, try expanding to something larger and spend more than an hour or two on the map. Mess around with a large area; start with a small area and expand it; make a ton of small rooms and connect them with corridors - just try some other stuff. Speaking of corridors, that's a lot of what your maps are. Try a hellish cave or 5, they're very conducive to that.

Yeah I hear that. I can make a big wad once in a while but I like the smaller ones too.

assuming ya make so many maps i'd stick to one topic. :p

EDIT: Kinda wish i had as much idea as you but for my maps, i always end up deleting them. :/

Voicing my appreciation once again... I like your maps as is. My only suggestion would be that, once you feel you've completed a map, add it to a mapset so we could play several of your maps in succession.

FDA (max on first life). I didn't understand the lift was lowered by a line, but you can activate switches regardless of height (IIRC) and looking at the automap I saw there was a relief in that wall.

Wow, that was a really tiny level. I normally prefer short levels, but that was a bit too short. :P
But I liked it. I actually made it trough without dying once.

AlexMax said:
Huh?

Heh, yeah, I was thinking... you have been mapped in DOOM!

myk said:

Heh, yeah, I was thinking... you have been mapped in DOOM!

LOL that is strange! I don't think I've ever seen your name before, Alex, but who knows!