Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Necros20

Is D!ZONE worth buying?

I was curious as to whether you guys think that any of the D!ZONE games is really worth getting. From what I've read about them I'd guess not unless of course they contain some awesome must own wad that can't be found anywhere else.

To be honest Hell 2 Pay kinda sucks, but Perdition's Gate was pretty fun. I dunno where you can get them, I've had a copy of each since I was a child.

Tom Mustaine recently put information about Perdition's Gate on his website.

He doesn't have a hell 2 pay download.

Yeah, that's the source site, and Tom Mustaine says they "got permission" to release the full versions, though IDK...

Necros20 said:

What about Hell 2 pay and Perdition's Gate? Can they be found anywhere else besides d!zone gold?

Yes. At least Hell 2 Pay can anyway if you search for it on ebay.

There are some fake "full" downloads of these, which actually contain only the first 15 maps and then are copied id levels from maps 16 to 30.

Just for clarification: D!Zone Gold does NOT contain the full versions of either Hell2Pay or Perdition's Gate, only the freeware. I bought D!Zone Gold under the same mistaken assumption...

Shovelware disks like the D!Zone series were handy back in the day when dialup internet was the best you could hope for. These days they're mainly of interest to collectors, completists and other such people don't have a life.

GreyGhost said:

Strife and (arguably) Chex Quest

I know about those, Strife is one of my alltime favourite older FPS games, and Chex Quest 3 was incredibly fun. I meant the lesser known ones that you pretty much never hear about. I didnt know these two existed prior to this thread for example :}

Is there a list comprised of all the WADs on the D!ZONE disks anywhere? Maybe even a list of the WADs on the Demon's Gate series as well?

@Ragnor: The Lost Episodes of Doom (not to be confused with Lost Episode).

If you find a copy of The Lost Episodes Of Doom at ebay or elsewhere, make sure, that the floppy is actually included. There a tons of copies without the floppy floating around.

To everybody: Avoid posting links to anything without distribution permissions from the authors or "owners" and don't give suggestions on how to get such files from someplace (as it's much like giving a link, these days.)

phi108 said:
Though I don't know why anyone should care about full version distribution this far into the future.

Copyrights generally expire after 75 years.