Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StickMan

The Plasma Proton

As much as it sounds like an awesome idea, before hand though, post screens of use, many of us can't just "download" and be surprised by either: It sucks or it is good.
Sorry if rude, it's kinda habit.

I agree with Mithral_Demon you should post some images so we can know whay we are downloading. Anyway you have quite a weapon there,what an awesome trail.

For everyone's benefit, here are a few screenies.

It is a pretty neat weapon actually. It fires as fast as a plasma gun but each plasma ball does as much damage as a rocket, so it is massively powerful. As with rockets there is a blast radius, so don't use it on anything too close.

there are 2 problems with it that I can see.
-As can be seen in the 3rd screenie, the projectiles don't always come from where the barrel of the weapon is, so a little aligning would be good.
-775 rounds? surely 200 rounds would be more than enough, even with a backpack. That is like 775 rockets, which is just crazy! Either that, or perhaps just reduce the damage each projectile does to perhaps 1/2 a rocket, which might balance it a bit better. 400 rounds perhaps? Also you might want to consider doing a different graphic for the ammo, seeing as it uses a different plasma.

Other than that, it is a pretty good weapon. The 'feel' is pretty solid, and it just destroys everything. The plasma balls look really good too, though they do blur your visibility a bit. But for a weapon this powerful, that is probably cool. Probably would be at it's best on slaughtermap style maps, but would be good in regular maps too, provided ammo was balanced properly.

Nice work all up! Other than a couple of minor things, you should submit this to the realm667 weapon archive.

StickMan said:

And Wild, Sorry I Forget Give You Credits, Man I Forget That Is Your Sprite But, It's Cool And I Like It, That's Why I Used It.

Except that I just got done saying that it's Scero's sprite, not mine. All I did was add a Doomguy hand to it, which is really, really easy.

PROTIP: In English, you're only supposed to capitalize proper nouns, words that begin a sentence, and the pronoun "I". Capitalizing every word makes your text annoying to read for most other people, who may think less of you for this reason. Now you know.

WildWeasel said:

Except that I just got done saying that it's Scero's sprite, not mine. All I did was add a Doomguy hand to it, which is really, really easy.

Except it was me who added the hand and recoloured the muzzle flash.

TheDarkArchon said:

Except it was me who added the hand and recoloured the muzzle flash.

Oh. Whoops. Guess I confused "adding it" with "removing it", since I recall having to edit the hand off of it for ww-bni's Dual Neutron Disruptor. =P