Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

sound cards

This is a serious poll, and i want your best answers.

I am getting a new computer this month, and i want to know which sound card to get:

I've heard that SBLive provides good sound in Windows environment (provided you have quality speakers) and has quite good backwards compatibility with SB16, for DOS games, which is vital for me, but may be totally unimportant for others.

I don't really know antything about the Turtle Beach card.

I don't know. I'm satisfied with this SBLive! mp3+, but Creative's support has been terribly bad. If you're getting a Live! don't go for anything fancy. I can't see a damn good reason to buy an Audigy.

The difference between the different versions of SBLive (Value,MP3,XGamer,Platinum) are only in the software, which is useless anyway. It's the same card, so get the Value, cause it's cheaper.

Whatever you do, don't get anything where the volume knob is in the #^%$!*^ keyboard!

let's use it to increase out post counts first.

I got SB live aswell, doom sounds great, especially with my speakers. MMM

Okay so I got SBLive Value but I got problems with MBF,TAS & BOOM.Works fine with everything else.Ideas?...

Unfortunately, the SB Live has a bug that causes tone dropout with complex soundfonts... but it's not that bad.

bah. creative has the worst soundcards in the universe. I have never had more trouble that with the creative sb cards. I suggest you get a terratec, phillips, hercules...

If the Live! doesn't please you, get an Audigy.

IF i get another card, it will be a Terratec SixPack. I have had it with creative.

bah soundfonts. I use my Roland SC-55 for midi. It r0x0rs my b0x0rs. But I guess the very best midi is the one you're used to.

I highly suggest you go with a card that uses a C-Media chip. Cm8838 I think is the latest one. I was thinking about picking up a Turtle Beach myself, but I'd sooner go with a C-Media card because I honestly love 'em. Just attached to it is all, I guess.