Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cjwright79

CGCmplex + Killphml + Astican

Beat in 4:00 (what was there)... didn't record a demo, though. The health had a pretty big surplus, I thought. Removing the bundle in sector 68 would be a good place to start. I like the lone baron trap, but I'd change the floor of sector 33 to FLAT5_4 to hide the trap better. I knew I was going to be locked in because of the contrast.

Other than, its the usual texture alignment stuff, but I don't want to pound away at you on that... Although the bottom step of that screenshot.....

Snakes said:

Other than, its the usual texture alignment stuff, but I don't want to pound away at you on that... Although the bottom step of that screenshot.....

1 lower unpegged. Please. Just one lower unpegged ...

Anyway, fda + ~2 min UV max in 1. Forgot there's never an exit though. You know that actually works for your maps, since it always forces a pistol start. As for health, I thought it was just about marginal enough, but I'm not exactly a health miser.

Snakes said:

Although the bottom step of that screenshot.....

Yeah I noticed that as soon as I posted it, but I didn't want to start messing up demos by correcting it.

Cjwright79 said:

Please explain.

He means that by unpegging the lower texture on the bottom stair which is unaligned, will magically line it up :) (This will always work on upper/lower textures that need to be aligned.)

Ah right, I do know about this but it feels like it could come back to bite you in the butt.

EDIT: Anyway it was the wrong texture to begin with.

EDIT: Wow both you guys got finished off by Baron von Trap.

Here's my try.

The final part (as soon as the floor lowers) needs much more ammo and possibly more health, in my opinion.

Yeah I couldn't help but grimace once you were down to the Chainsaw in the dark with an Archvile and about a dozen other mobs. I had put some more ammo in the latest version but not soon enough. Anyway I'll be sure to playtest a worst case scenario like that (with the vile resurrecting everything) to see how much more help to put in.

EDIT: Not playtested yet, but threw in another box of shells and ammo (and health) on HMP and UV, where the underground closest contains an Archvile. Until this is finely tuned it is perhaps preferable that you don't get caught on the near side of that portcullis when all those imps appear.