Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sergeant_Mark_IV

The ArmageDoom

History:
This is my first wad. Doom: The ArmageDoom. Some years after the events of Hell on Earth, in a big city constructed by the U.A.C., the hellspawn starts another invasion. It's up to you to push them back away from the city, and destroy their main portal. This will be a Megawad with 32 new levels.

The wad has a very solid history. After the end of each mission, you get a text of what is happening. The game history also features characters, like Phobos, and Crash.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay
The missions on this wad are not always to reach the end of the level. In many levels, you will need to accomplish some objectives, like destroy specific targets, kill demon lords, rescue captive marines, and much more. For now, 4 levels are fully completed. (They may be enhanced on next versions, so, keep the suggestions comming up!)

Mission Objectives:
MAP01: Leave the downtown. Reach the suburbs.
MAP02: Cross the sewers systems.
MAP03: Find Captain Phobos.
MAP04: Find and kill the Zombie Commander, and proceed to next area.

You have a completely new arsenal of over 16 weapons. They are very different of the original ones you are used to play. Unlike most doom levels, older weapons never starts to get useless as you find new ones. Every weapon has it efficiency in a determinated situation, scenario, or enemy type. Your skills to determinate when is the right time to use the right weapon will tell if you are gonna survive, or die.

Most weapons have to be reloaded. I think most old-school users will want to kill my wad for doing that. But I have to tell that this feature is still not confirmed. So, if many people think its a bad idea to have reloadable weapons, this feature will be removed.

The terrain are plenty of debris, that can help both, and stop you. It's always a good idea to get behind a barrel or a table during a shootout, as you will get protected.
The game is plenty of destructible debris, like trash cans, boxes, and barrels. Break everything to find items.

There are lots of inventory items. The most important of them are bandages and grenades. Use them wisely.
You also must worry about food. There are many food items, like soda cans, beer, hamburgers, etc. Food allows your health to reach 400. Each kind of food gives a specific number of bonus health. So, search the whole area to find food, and eat as much as you can.

The monsters are a lot smarter than any other you ever found in a wad. Never understimate any of them! Even zombies can be a big threat!

Unlike other wads, you dont start with a pea shooter, and low ammo. You are a Space Marine, right? So, you start armed like a real one! You have an assault rifle, and three extra bandages.
Don't forget about your fighting skills. You a super-soldier, with super-strenght! You punches and kicks can do a real damage on enemies! Use your fire button to punch, and your alt fire button to kick! Punches are fast, and more effective against small monsters, and kicks are low, but good against big ones. After you find berserkers, it will be very smart to engane enemies in hand-to-hand combat sometimes.

The wad mixes linear and non-linear levels.
The first levels are all about urban combat. Then it comes to cross-country scenarios, hell, and much more.

WAD Info
Sourceports: Skulltag, or GZDoom.
Game: Doom2, or Final DOom.
New Levels : MAP01, MAP02, MAP03, MAP04.
New Sounds : Yes
New Music : Yes: Blood, Quake - Scourge of Armadon, U.R.B.A.N. - The Cyborg Project, PSX Doom, Metallica, Sodom, Slayer, Death.
Dehacked/BEX : No. Everything is made on DECORATE and ACS
Demos : No

More detailed information is included in the game .txt
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshoots:

Download Link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/209169321/11e84887/ArmageDoom_V05.html

Any feedback and suggestions are wellcome.
Please, report any bugs you find.
Thanks. :)

Sergeant_Mark_IV Wrote:
The monsters are a lot smarter than any other you ever found in a wad. Never understimate any of them! Even zombies can be a big threat!

heh

I downloaded this (just to see how bad it was) and instantly got lost in the mess that is basically half of the original ZDoom MRW, a part of the WRW (including some beastiary monsters and armory weapons), and sprites ripped from other sources.

When I try to load it with r730 of GZDoom and I get this message:

EXECUTION COULD NOT CONTINUE

Script error, "ArmageDoom_V05.wad:DECORATE" line 406:
"weapon.preferredskin"is an unknown actor property.
Not only that, when I open the .wad file up with XMPlay, I end up finding cut up versions of copyrighted mp3s of Metallica, Sodom, Slayer, Death, and perhaps a couple of others that I didn't bother to look for. The author even admits as such in the OP.

This would have been rejected without a second thought were it submitted to /idgames today.

Also, you might want to look into using .pk3 files to cut down on space.

InsanityBringer said:

heh

I downloaded this (just to see how bad it was) and instantly got lost in the mess that is basically half of the original ZDoom MRW, a part of the WRW (including some beastiary monsters and armory weapons), and sprites ripped from other sources.

What's wrong with mixing things from various sources?

WildWeasel said:

WTF! I was pretty sure nobody would have been used that name before. Looks like I am wrong =/

mammajamma said:

When I try to load it with r730 of GZDoom and I get this message:

EXECUTION COULD NOT CONTINUE

Script error, "ArmageDoom_V05.wad:DECORATE" line 406:
"weapon.preferredskin"is an unknown actor property.
Not only that, when I open the .wad file up with XMPlay, I end up finding cut up versions of copyrighted mp3s of Metallica, Sodom, Slayer, Death, and perhaps a couple of others that I didn't bother to look for. The author even admits as such in the OP.

This would have been rejected without a second thought were it submitted to /idgames today.

Also, you might want to look into using .pk3 files to cut down on space.

Yeah, I noticed they have removed the weapon.prefferedskin feature on the newer GZDoom versions. This wad will work only in Skulltag.
Also, I tought if you modify the music, and make them look like demo songs wouldnt be ilegal. I already played many game mods with edited songs. I touhgt that applies to doom too.
Sorry, I will remove them all in next version.
I don't know how to convert a wad into a .pk3. Wich tool should I use?

Okay, so, anybody has any comments about the wad itself? (The gameplay, level design, fun factor, overhall etc.)

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Also, I tought if you modify the music, and make them look like demo songs wouldnt be ilegal. I already played many game mods with edited songs. I touhgt that applies to doom too.

Fair use of copyrighted works is something of a legal gray area to my knowledge. In a case like this, however, I think it'd probably be better if you didn't include all this music, since it's obviously making your work very, very hard for some people to download.