Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sirjuddington

SLADE3 beta ('final' beta 7 up, test away)

Yes, I realized that, but I use Debian. It doesn't have packages for any of the dependencies other than fluidsynth.

I'm not to keen on manually installing programs (and their dependencies) because they aren't removable through the package managers. Not to mention they aren't even listed as being installed.

You'd have to keep a mental note/tally on what apps you've installed...

With the 3.0.1 stable working perfectly as far as I could tell, I was hoping someone knew how to get the latest Windows SVN working in WINE.

Fluidsynth is the only library that is difficult to compile, the rest are very simple to compile+install yourself.

Either way I'm not putting effort into making it WINE-compatible if it's easily compilable natively.

Ummmm... I didn't realize that you maintained it, sorry.

I didn't mean that you should make it wine compatible. I was hoping someone knew of a 'workaround' to getting the Windows version running in Wine. If anything, because it works fine in Windows, it's a bug that needs reporting to the Wine guys/gals.

On another note, I decided that Arch Linux might be better suited to games, or Doom related stuff. I co-installed it a few days ago.

What I tried to do was install the AUR version, which uses an auto-configure building method that creates an installable 'package' out of sources. The problem isn't with the dependencies as they all install/compile correctly, but that Slade-SVN fails at the end of the compile each time.

Could you take a quick look to see if there are any blatant errors?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/slade-svn/PKGBUILD

Judging by the 'dependencies' there it looks like it's for a very old version. Your best bet is still compiling it yourself :P