Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
painterinfo

Movie question - update (video, me playing doom on arcade machine)

I saw a movie years ago where a gun battle between two people was carried on and into a small supermarket. Stuff on shelves was smashed by hundreds of bullets and after the battle a kid playing Doom on an arcade machine looks up suprised to discover what had happened.

Can any one tell me what the movie was called?

This kid is a Doom God. After he finished Doom II, he played through the entire wad again and completed it in 30 seconds, that makes even entryway's TAS look slow. :P

he was also going up the lift in map01 and didn't rj in map07. i'm guessing he maxed the wad twice during the shootout scene. where's your compet-n now?

Maybe the arcade version has a level that combines sections of maps 7 and 30 :p

PS: I'm still wondering what map the part with the zombieman is from.

myk said:

PS: I'm still wondering what map the part with the zombieman is from.

map01 on HMP, lift in the big room.

Thanks for helping me old memory.

I have now posted a video response to that Grosse Pointe Blank Youtube.

Please don't bag my crap skills, I couldn't even remember where the enemies were, am still concentrating on getting used to the new control panel layout.

Damn, that rules! It was actually a little jarring seeing the ZDoom interface... I almost expected there to be an attract mode and high score table.

If you ask me, Doom Legacy is best for custom arcade cabinets.

Carpentry skills are also a plus, but you make do.

Mr. Chris said:

Speaking of the movie, is it good too?

Grosse Pointe Blank is a Cult classic, though I would have forgot about the movie completely if it was not for the shoot up scene with the Doom arcade machine.

Hey cool setup Bucket, I did not know Doom Legacy could do that and will check it out.

I have fine tuned my setup to the best I can get it now. I used to use left click fire, right click run and right double click open but it looks like you can't do that any more?

I am still not as good as with a KB and mouse but somehow it is better to grab a quick game in passing rather than sit down at the computer.

Airman266 said:

Is there anything you CAN'T play Doom on?

I have an old wristwatch that doesn't yet have Doom on it. But its digital, so I'm certain someone will make something for it eventually.