Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Recording/playback demos from a savegame. (ZDoom)

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before. I did a search and couldn't find anything that seemed to answer this.

So I have a savegame that is at the start of level 4 of a particular mapset. And I want to record a .lmp starting from this savegame. It all seems to record fine starting from the savegame, but when I load the .lmp with the map to playback the demo, it says 'couldn't find map' in the console. (ZDoom 2.4.1)

I record demos via a shortcut with something like this in the target box:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\zdoom-2.4.1\zdoom.exe" zdoom -file mapset.wad -skill 4 -loadgame save5.zds -record KykaLevel4.lmp

And to play them back, I just drag and drop the wad and the lmp together onto the zdoom.exe icon.

Probably I have just missed something obvious.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

You probably need to add -loadgame when playing back the demo, too; not that I'm really that familiar with demo recording...

Thanks WildWeasel. Yeah, I have got that much, I can start a demo fine from a loadgame. I just can't get it to play back.

Kyka said:

Thanks WildWeasel. Yeah, I have got that much, I can start a demo fine from a loadgame. I just can't get it to play back.

He's saying when you play it back, to add the -loadgame parameter and it might work.

I have no clue if it would work or not, sorry I can't help more =(

Oops. Stupid me didn't read WW's post properly. I'm off to try that out, see if it works... Thanks eargoesdown. :) Appreciated.