Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Heretic - Curse of D'sparil Demos

My old speedrun on map1 in 1:06 worked fine with final release, so I re-post it here.

How to playback:
1) Replace your original heretic.exe 1.3 with heretic+. Without it original engine will crash not far from start.
2) Extract vv's hack to your heretic directory. Without it demo ends up before intermission screen.
3) Run as

heretic.com -nosound -file curse.wad -playdemo crs1-106

Of course, -nosound is optional - just safely under winXP environment.

PS Anyone for max-movie? :P

crs1-106.zip

Nice demo. I'm looking forwawrd to see some speed runs of the larger maps though as they hopefully offer a larger palette of possible solutions.

Lol. I probably should have thought about that. :p
If I ever make an update I'll likely do something about it. I already know what I would like to do to fix it.

Yeah I never really intended it to be as serious as any of the other maps. It's mostly a relaxer after Map04.
Though Map04 is also really easy to speed run.

Nice. I'm thinking of doing a Black Plague Max demo of the first map. It's easy enough for me to handle on that skill. But I bet you'll make it faster. :p

Nice. It's a shame I didn't see this demo before the release. :p I could have fixed some of the bunching up then.

Damn, I'm full of stuff to do, but when I get some time maybe I'll try to play it... thx kristus for helping the heretic community... it's growing every day =D ...