• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Freeze

Mass Effect 2 (no spoilers)

Holy shit.

Holy FUCKING shit.

The first game is one of my favorite games ever...but ME2 ups the ante in every possible way. From the music, to the graphics, to the gameplay, to the story and setting...everything has been improved tenfold.

Two minor complaints:

1. Ammo system for guns. I mean, really?

2. Biotic powers are hit or miss most of the time (the Vanguard class in particular is now really useless).

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Mr. Freeze said:

1. Ammo system for guns. I mean, really?

Are you suggesting that the fact that guns require ammo to operate is stupid? I played the original Mass Effect and I thought the guns having unlimited ammo was silly to the maximum level of sillitude.

Or is there something more to this that you're not mentioning?

Fisk said:

Are you suggesting that the fact that guns require ammo to operate is stupid? I played the original Mass Effect and I thought the guns having unlimited ammo was silly to the maximum level of sillitude.

Or is there something more to this that you're not mentioning?

Uh, did we play the same game?

In the first ME, ammo was a non-issue due to it's properties (a large block served as the magazine, and bullets were tiny fragments shaved off). The only thing you have to worry about was overheating, which could be solved by waiting for your gun to cool down.

In ME2, you have "thermal clips", magazines that store heat sinks. Okay, but this results in the cool down being thrown away. Suddenly, your unlimited-ammo killing machine just fell prey to reloading.

It's not a major complaint at all, but it seems kinda strange.