Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Horror

Banned from Zdaemon

I play Zdaemon and one day out of the random I get "Banned: To many logins" and I have no clue why! So I go on the forums and try to activate an account but to do so you have to log into Zdaemon and PM raider! IT SAYS CANT CONNECT TO MASTER SERVER every time I try to log in. How the heck to I contact Raider to get this fixed... Somebody?

I tried making a new account but everytime I try to it says "Can't connect to master server" I think its part of the IP ban

In fact, making more accounts is apparently what got you banned, so that would make little sense.

Get on the official ZDaemon channel on IRC using an IRC app instead of ZLauncher or the equivalent.

I use Miranda IM, which is a general chat program and includes IRC among other services (MSN, ICQ, and so on) but I'm guessing mIRC must be simpler for someone not used to connecting to IRC. I used to use it years ago.

You'll need to connect to irc.freenode.net and the channel #ZDaemon once you get the program working. Be sure to read its help feature if you get confused.

The ZDaemon IRC channel is on their own network now and can only be accessed through the irc client built into their launcher. Since you can't connect to ZDIRC, it sounds like you're boned!

Ah, that comes to show how much I use that channel, and how much they update their website :p

Ralphis said:

The ZDaemon IRC channel is on their own network now and can only be accessed through the irc client built into their launcher. Since you can't connect to ZDIRC, it sounds like you're boned!

Now I know why people left ZDaemon.

Horror said:

Wierd I just got unbanned magically....

Probably this 5-accounts-per-day limit. It's said to get you banned only for a short period of time.

Wouldn't it just be better to tell the users that they've exeeded the account per day limit and let them play with whatever accounts they made/are using?

"What's the worst that could happen? A player is emotionally destroyed? We can live with that." - ZDaemon login policy? :-)