Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Megalyth

wad search

Several years ago I played a Doom2 wad which, to the best of my memory, came on one of those Demongate wad collections. I've just spent the last few hours tearing apart the wad directories on all my wad collections, but without the name of the wad, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'm sure at least one of you has to have played this wad, so here goes:

The wad is 6 levels long, following varying themes. I remember that level 1 and 2 followed a techbase theme, and were devoid of monsters. Their purpose was to set the stage I suppose.

Levels 3 and 4 followed techbase themes as well (if I recall correctly). At the very end of level 3 was a cyberdemon, which the player was required to kill in order to exit. Upon exiting level 3, level 4 began in the same spot, and the player had to work his way backward through a reworked level 3, and find a new exit. Level 5 I have no memories of, though it may have had a city theme(?).

Level 6 began with the player exiting his spacecraft into an outdoor area. The spaceship (which was quite detailed for the time this wad came about, I might add) was resting on a rock platform surrounded by lava and dead trees. From there the level went into a hellish cave/mine theme, and the level ended with the player returning to his ship, approaching from the other side.

If anyone has any idea WTF I'm talking about, please help.
Even the name would be helpful, as it's possible that the wad is on one of my wad collections.

Thanks

Yes, I do remember that one. It was the one which you wnt back to the ship afterwards and found it full of monsters and marines in status, was it not?

I've got it, but it might take me a while to find it. Hold on...

The ship may have had monsters in it upon the player's return, though it wasn't a very big ship. It's been so damn long that I barely remember.

Damn, I just ran through the 2000-strong list seeing if any name jumped out at me, but no joy. I loaded several that were 500kb or more, as that would be the sort of size.

I was convinced it was Pleiade.wad for two mins, but that was just a single space ship map. Damn, I really wanna find out which one this was, now..

Maybe one of our resident Gods..? Calling Mordeth, Arioch, etc... even Lüt, anyone remember this damn pwad? I remember it was good fun, the only thing that sticks out is the inside of the ship, 'cos it had two elevators going to the bridge I think, and of course when it was parked on the surface, and the end of one level saw you go down out of a hatch and you started the next one underneath the ship being appraoched by monsters, then went into that cave, did the necessary, and came back out.

I looked for raven.wad on Google, but all I could find were a bunch of txt files and a couple broken links. Do any of you guy have a copy?

Someone needs to code a wad browsing utility that isolates groups of selections by manually inserting certain parameters like "lack of monsters on Map01" and "first Archvile in Map06" and shit like that.

Someone needs to code a wad browsing utility that isolates groups of selections by manually inserting certain parameters like "lack of monsters on Map01" and "first Archvile in Map06" and shit like that.

heh, that would be the shit, unfortunately I cannot think of enough different boolean queries to give that a chance. Doom pwads are just too alike.

As for pub/id, well, I don't want to go into my whole cdrom was better thing so I'll just stop before I'm tempted and eat my Cacodemon pressé.

Several years ago I played a Doom2 wad which, to the best of my memory, came on one of those Demongate wad collections. Thanks

Are you talking about this one:
http://www.newdoom.com/hosted/dlw/Doom2_1.shtml#talosian ?

Danachist

Raven serie can be found here:
http://www.newdoom.com/hosted/dlw/Doom2_1.shtml#jivepack

Remember that old stuff have old nodes build, but you will find on DLW the rebuild nodes version !!!

If you want some specific wad, you can ask directly to Sharif Salah, the hoster of all my zip files :
ICQ 84929839, because he has a huge wad collection!