Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devalaous

Dante's Inferno

Just picked up the Death Edition today, and gotten to Limbo.

I keep getting the thought that its based off Dr Sleep's maps, since they were based off the same thing.

I see a lot of Doom projects possible taking notes and ideas from this game :}

Discuss.

Heh, I was expecting a thread about you reading Dante :p

myk said:

Heh, I was expecting a thread about you reading Dante :p

Death Edition comes with a digital reprint of it on the second disc :p
I generally dont look at those second discs until I beat the game, as the documentaries often spoil things to show off cool parts they made.

I'm hearing the game is really short, some people have beaten it multiple times in the first day of it's release even O_o

EDIT: Major EA-ism with the poem. You select it on the disc and it tells you to go to a website and enter in an obvious code. Why didnt I see that lie coming?

I loved the demo, reminded me of God of War so much. Now I think I'm gonna rent the game, seeing as it does seem pretty short and there probably won't be anything else to do after you beat the main story. I still think it looks interesting.

I played the demo and it was pretty good. I like the art style much more in this game than in God of War (the game it blatantly copies). I don't usually get into these "slashin' hordes of baddies" types of games, but it might be a good rental.

I saw some commercials for some anime-styled movie called Dante's Inferno; you guys are talking about a game?

Came out 5th February in UK and New Zealand.

40oz said:

I saw some commercials for some anime-styled movie called Dante's Inferno; you guys are talking about a game?

"Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic"?

Its a movie made in tandem with the game; I watched a preview on the bonus disc. Pleasantly gory :D

Ive never actually played God of War, so to me its Devil May Cry without the constant unrelenting buttrape. A good thing indeed. I just need to be in the mood to play it, been in an RTS mood today.

I was originally going to get it, but after their attention-seeking ad campaign for the game and finding out how short it is, I'm gonna pass.

Besides, I can go to Hell anytime with Doom and with (the eventual return of) Hellgate: London, which is what I'm looking forward to (besides Doom 4 thusfar).

I've been watching a lot of gameplay footage and I really like to see a game push the envelope of taste and decency. Still, it's not interesting enough for me to rent it, but it looks like a step in the right direction.

Demo was cool, not really my kind of game. Devil May Cry was enough for me.

I read this as an extracirreicular activity so I wouldn't have to take British Literature.

Yeah, the game is really short, and apparently has little replay value. A "rental game" if you must. The general atmosphere is amazing in a lot of places, crap in others (Lust I feel was bare bones because of how touchy the subject is.) I'm taking my time with the game to justify the price of the Death Edition (Which turned out to be one of the most disappointing special editions ever, especially when Bioshock 2's special edition, out a few days later, turned out to be the best one ever)