Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Misc. neubejiita demos

neubejiita said:

This maybe the wrong thread for this

The thread's fine, but we have a specific forum dedicated to demos (the first forum under "Special Interest" on the forum index), so I'll move it there.

And contrary to the forum name, you don't actually have to post only your fastest demos.

You might want to use Doom compatibility (-complevel 2) for Alien Vendetta or other vanilla or limit removing set demos so they are in the same format as most other such recordings, especially if you're already using an engine capable of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rELBSDKRqLM

I hope you like this recording, this is my favourite map in Plutonia and quite easy too.

I do not know what is up with the sound, but it at least you can hear it. I had a lot of problems with my old soundcrapcard and fraps, but I removed it and used the inbuilt Nforce soundcard and now I have success.

Why is there a spiderdemon in this map & you do not need to fight her?

I am not including a demo file, I think that if I am recording with Zdoom, it is easier just to watch the video.

Some random comments (Don't take any offense, I'm just random doom purist :)

quite easy too.

Of course it is easy if you don't take risks and play it safe and slow. Afterall, speedrunning should be about SPEED! For example, you take a couple second nose-picking break in ~0:10 (why is it necessary to take that megasphere? Or blue armor in beginning?), next you stop fighting some lousy chaingunners with almost full everything when you could just run past them, finally you stop to shoot that baron and archvile with ~100/100 when exit is nearby. Not to mention general slowness everywhere (wondering where to go, getting ammo you don't need, etc). Speedrunning a map is not so easy even though map might be generally somewhat easy (I don't know if it is, I rarely play doom casually...). In following thread Grazza and AdamW pretty much summarized what "speedrunning" is about (at least for me): http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/30335-learning-to-speedrun/

Why is there a spiderdemon in this map & you do not need to fight her?

I never really understood this philosophy, that if there's cybie or spiderdemon you need not to kill, it's bug or bad gameplay or something.

I am not including a demo file, I think that if I am recording with Zdoom, it is easier just to watch the video.

Would be even better if recorded vanilla :)

That archie jump was cool, I really gotta make myself beat AV finally, it looks like the levels get even cooler and harder...