Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kagemaru_H

PRoject: Relic BETA

====================================================
THIS IS A BETA RELEASE SO THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR DONE!
You know how I was constantly talking about a project? I finished this within 2 weeks on and off. I didn't emphasize detail too much since I wanted to release beta ASAP (in other words, if you want to play a level with insane attention to detail, fuck off). Tell me what you think.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4i2wnnncoto

Specs:
Author: Kagemaru
Levels: Map00-Map06 (Map00 is the ending map)
Requirements: ZDoom, GZDoom, or Skulltag
Difficulty settings: Yes.
Bugs: Some monsters may get stuck in walls or other monsters.
New Music: Yes
New Sound: No
Editors: XWE, MSPaint (title screen and interpic), Doom Builder 1

Music:
Map00 - FISHPOLK from Rise of the Triad
Map01 - airbase.mid
Map02 - Level 2 theme from Castlevania Bloodlines
Map03 - MID0009.mid
Map04 - "Sex Type Thing" By Stone Temple Pilots
Map05 - "Mann Gegen Mann" By Rammstein
Map06 - Lava Powerhouse theme from Sonic Spinball
Boss theme - Boss theme from Sonic Spinball
Another Boss theme - "nobody Told Me About iD" remix by Jay Reichard
Intermission theme (in the wad, just not used yet) - "Stein um Stein" by Rammstein

EDIT: Thanks for telling me about map03 looping, I fixed it!
THIS IS A BETA RELEASE SO THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR DONE!

It'd be nice to have some screenshots to look at to start with to give us initial ideas of what your project's like.

I only played the first three levels (for some reason level 3 starts to loop over and over again after I finished it), but I liked what I saw so far. The architecture was ok and reminded me of the orignal Doom II a lot, but in my opinion it could have been a bit more original. Walking around in techbase-styled levels can become incredibly boring after a short while. Another thing that I liked was that the levels were very short. You can run and blast your way trough it without getting stuck or lost - I love that. But sometimes the difficulty was extremely hard, even if I played on "Hurt me plenty". The main reason for this was the lack of weapons. After my shotgun had no ammy anymore in the first level, I had to use the pistol to get trough level 2 and 3. Also, the monster placement was a bit sadistic sometims. After I fought with some monsters and became seriously injured, I ran to the other side of the hallway in level 3, expecting maybe a health pack, and instead encountered a room with dozens of shotgun guys. Seconds later my poor marine layed on the floor.
The idea of using boss battles (as far is I saw it in level 3) is also nice and I am interested in seeing other monster teams. (=

I`m going to play bit further now.

The map03 looping was an error I made in the MAPINFO lump. I just fixed it. Maybe I should have told you what happens when you bump the blue lights at the start of map03.

Also, the wad won't be entirely tech levels. I'll do outdoor levels if I could figure out slopes and portals, going to urban and hell/tech levels.

The Archie in map06 is a mockup of a Fire Elemental. The WAD will have new weapons and monsters, like a ROTT-style "Extra Pistol" replacing actor Pistol, a "Mana Vessel" that can shoot a constant stream of icebolts, an instant electrical discharge, or a massive room-clearing fireball (Replacing Plasma Rifle; all firemodes are references to plasmarifle, railgun, and BFG9000), and the legendary Unmaker. This WAD is what I wanted a team for.

I'll want someone to create a WAD with these weapons/monsters and someone to compose a few MIDIs for me. I will be Executive Producer and Lead Level Design.

If anyone's interested, PM me for info.