Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Young Cyberdemon

Becoming Demons

Following on from my 'Spawning Demons' thread, how can i BECOME a demon? I've seen others do it on videos, and i thought that would be another great fun cheat. But how do i do it?

Ok, i've tried them, and at the moment only XTroose's post seems to be working but i'm having problems with that, too. The layable-monsters one is only normal Doom 2, i cant change into a demon from the player setup menu, and the other one loads but when i go up to the statues of the monsters i click on it and i teleport to where i started? Any ideas? Thanks.

Young Cyberdemon said:

The playable-monsters one is only normal Doom 2, i cant change into a demon from the player setup menu.

If you are playing with Zdoom or Skulltag, go to the console and type in morphme Xplayer (X is the monster you want to turn into) when you start a level. You stay morphed for a minute or so, and change back to the marine. Just enter the command again to turn into the monster again.

Ok, thanks, that seems to work. Now, does anyone know how:

1. To work the monsters test WAD (2nd Download)
2. Change features of monster you are (eg colour)
3. See monster as you walk (Camera behind player)
4. Be able to morph without changing back automatically (Becomes a nuisance)
5. Any other cool stuff?

Thanks ;)

Young Cyberdemon said
1. To work the monsters test WAD (2nd Download)

I assume you have problems running "playable-monsters.pk3" and "monstertest.pk3".

Just select both files and drag them onto "zdoom.exe"/"gzdoom.exe"/"skulltag.exe".

When the map starts press one of the switches to morph into a monster. You will then be teleported to the starting location. Use the shoot button to use an attack. The blue switch on the far side of the map kills you and all the monsters that have been spawned.

Young Cyberdemon said
2. Change features of monster you are (eg colour)

I do not know what exactly you are trying to achieve, but you can change the color of a monster with color translations.

If you want to use the player colors, then you could replace the monster sprites with skins (there are some green or partially green monster skins there). Then you could define the monsters as standalone player classes.

Young Cyberdemon said
3. See monster as you walk (Camera behind player)

You can write "chase cam" in the console to select the third person view, or if you want to make a mod where you are playing in third person view, then read this tutorial.

Young Cyberdemon said
4. Be able to morph without changing back automatically (Becomes a nuisance)

In the map the player is morphed using a script, which is executed once a player presses the switch.

Here is one of the scripts from MAP01 of the "monstertest.pk3":

script 1 (void)
{
	int morphed = MorphActor (0,"ArachnotronPlayer","",35*120,2|128|2048,"","");
	Teleport (1,0,0);
}
Now I will analyze the code step by step.

This is script number 1. (void) means that it does not return anything as a result.

int morphed is a declaration of an integer variable.

ACS function MorphActor is called with the following parameters:
  • tid (the first parameter): In our case it is equal to 0, that means the activator of the script (the player who uses the switch) will be morphed.
  • playerclass: In our case it is "ArachnotronPlayer" this is a player class which is defined in DECORATE inside the "playable-monsters.pk3". This parameter is a string value and strings must always be enclosed in quotation marks.
  • monsterclass: This is not applicable in our case, because we do not want to morph monsters. To tell that we must write an empty string "" as a parameter.
  • duration: In our case this is 35*120, this means 120 seconds, because one second equals to 35 tics. To make this last "forever" use 2147483647 (almost two years).
  • style: In our case this is 2|128|2048, this defines the behavior of the morphing effects. I do not know what these values mean, but someone with a better knowledge of this could explain you what it does.
  • morphflash: In our case this parameter is omitted (empty string "") and because of that, default teleport fog is used, when you morph into a monster.
  • unmorphflash: In our case this parameter is omitted (empty string "") and because of that, default teleport fog is used, when you are unmorphed.
MorphActor function returns an integer which is stored into the integer variable named morphed.

Teleport (1, 0, 0) teleports the player on a teleport destination with a tid of 1.

I hope this answers your question.

Ok, the monsters test one i have already done that and it didnt work, and i do not understand what to put in exactly to morph "forever". Please could you tell me what to type exactly into the contol box? Thanks

Young Cyberdemon said:

Ok, the monsters test one i have already done that and it didnt work ...

I have trouble understanding you. Could you be a little more specific? What have you already done? What exactly did not work?

The map works for me. What version of ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag do you have? You can find the latest versions of ZDoom here, GZDoom here and Skulltag here (see Latest beta).

... and i do not understand what to put in exactly to morph "forever".

I have already written this in my previous post. This is how a modified script, where you are morphed "forever", would look like:

script 1 (void)
{
	int morphed = MorphActor (0,"ArachnotronPlayer","",2147483647,2|128|2048,"","");
	Teleport (1,0,0);
}
You have to change the fourth parameter of each MorphActor function to 2147483647, do not forget to compile the script once you make all the changes.

If you still have problems understanding this, then thoroughy read this tutorial.