Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kagemaru_H

Recurring dreams

A recurring element in my dreams is that I'm in my old house in New Jersey and my bedroom has every Nintendo console released pre-DS and post-Game & Watch (NES-GameCube, and all incarnations of the GameBoy). It could help that my best friend, (name not given), was a huge Nintendo fanboy when we went to class together in 4th and 5th grade (he would always claim PlayStation and XBox constantly freeze and GameCube and N64 don't), and my new friend who I'm currently about four hours away from had a bunch of Nintendo consoles. It may also have to do with my 10th ban at Sega-16.

So post your recurring dreams and any recurring element in your dream.

Man, when I was in grade 4 Wolfenstein 3D was so new most people's comps had issues with it.

At any rate, I have loads of recurring dreams. Many of them are about riding on trains, usually subways. The elements of the trains and stations are recurring too. I should build a couple of them in maps now that i know them so well. Then I can see if anybody recognizes where my brain got the idea.

To add to that weirdness, I have a lot of Elder Scrolls dreams. They're usually about Daggerfall, even though I've put fewer hours into that one. They also tend to feature simulated 256-colour graphics even though I'm walking around in the world. The weirdest part is they also always feature a hidden subway system under Tamriel. Absolutely weird!

Once in a while I have the same dream more than once. When I was four or five I went to see a mummy in a museum. They told the story about how Osiris was killed and chopped up. That night I had a dream about one of our family members being a mummy and us bringing him home. When I was in grade 9 I took a course on ancient history and heard that story again. That night I had the same dream, except this time it was longer and the mummy ended up stinking on the floor of our house.

Sometimes I occasionally dream about a Cacodemon singing "attack of the killer tomatos" theme song floating above my head while other random stuff is happening.

My dreams usually involves a familiar location but somehow different, often merged with other places. I've never had nightmares, but every now and then I wake up in a cold sweat. Yuck. Another reoccuring thing is that Im always able to guide the direction of the dream. I'm guessing I must be partially awake.

Anyone who dreams about gaming needs to get out once in a while :|

Philnemba said:

Sometimes I occasionally dream about a Cacodemon singing "attack of the killer tomatos" theme song floating above my head while other random stuff is happening.

I now have inspiration for a Doom-related YouTube video.

Kagemaru_H said:

I now have inspiration for a Doom-related YouTube video.

lol I better get credit for it if you do make one :P

My usual and probably only recurring dream is actually more like a nightmare that haunts me still.

Being dragged in by two people, dressed in black robes and hoods, as a paralyzed body, still able to see I am being brought into a chapel.
I feel the carpet that leads to the altar and they are setting up a baptism tank and two other, bloodied and shadowy people holding a purple shadowish jar, they are going to use it as a summon to use my body as a vessel...

By the time it gets to that point, i'm awake, in cold sweat.
And to be honest why I don't like religious conversations on Christianity and Baptism and what not is i'm practically scared of it.