Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
General Rainbow Bacon

Doom in UDMF

What do you mean, "work differently"?

Presumably, you're talking about the difference between the Doom-style specials (one special is associated to an effect, a magnitude, an activation type, etc.) and the Hexen-style specials that ZDoom-UDMF uses (one special is associated to an effect, for activation you use flags and for magnitude you use parameters).

Also, in my other thread you said if I wanted to add textures to a wad I could add single textures so not to take up too much space with a full set of textures, but I don't know how to load just a couple from a pack.

DoomHero85 said:

Also, in my other thread you said if I wanted to add textures to a wad I could add single textures so not to take up too much space with a full set of textures, but I don't know how to load just a couple from a pack.

You need to learn about the Hexen map format before you try to use UDMF, because ZDoom's UDMF namespace semantics are based on its "*-in-Hexen" configurations. In Hexen, line specials do not have a set activation model such as SR or D1; this is instead determined by the line special activation flags on the linedef. You can control the ways in which the line may be activated, and what types of objects may serve as the action's originators.

There is no scope for the full discussion of such things in a thread on this forum, however. You need to visit two resources: the ZDoom Wiki, and the Doom Wiki. I will leave someone else to link you do the ZDoom wiki since I never remember its URL, but the Doom wiki is at http://doom.wikia.com

DoomHero85 said:

When I went to the drop down tab for actions it has the generic functions like S=Switch D=Door and such, but down in the list none of them have S or D or whatever next to them

As I said, for activation you use flags.

It's so obvious. Put a tag on your door sector. Use that as the sector tag argument for your switch linedef.