Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL ARCHVILE

Doom Miniatures

Since they have been discontinued over a decade, about the only place to find them is on Ebay as someone decides to sell his.

Good luck, as they don't come up often and they always go for a hefty premium!

Regards,

Dusty

Complete set of Doom miniatures for sale on ebay, just search for doom reaper miniatures. Want to know how much they go for when large group of collectors are alerted, be aware that im not the seller :)

Forgot to mention that there also is blister of doom marines for sale from another seller, search doom marine

Just wanted to brag :P
Not a complete set, but do YOU have 3 cyberdemons? :P
I bought all of them on eBay post 2000. Most money I spent was on the lost soul which was VINTAGE, IN A FREAKING BOX and I was a complete MORON to take it out.

OH MY GOD HOW DID YOU GET THOSE?! THERE'S ALMOST ALL THE MONSTERS THERE AND THREE CYBERDEMONS!!

P.S. HOW COULD YOU PAINT THAT SPIDER MASTERMIND SO HORRIBLY WRONG?!

I want to post picture of my loose doom figures also, but it wont let me include jpg. help? btw i got 4 loose cyberdemons :)

Actually last year, I wanted some of these miniatures for my birthday but NO, I have to find out about these kind of things several years after they were made and now they're more valuable than gold! I don't have that kind of money! The same thing happened to me with the doom comic a few years ago.

I agree that the paint job on the arachnotron is horrible, it has bugged me since day 1. I wasn't the one that painted it, I got it off eBay that way and I don't want to risk destroying the figurine by using the wrong solvent to remove it. Not sure what material these are made of, but it's on the soft side, almost like lead.
I am still missing several figurines. Arch ville, cyberdemon, pain elemental if there ever was one, revenant and what else?

All I can tell you is that I lurked eBay like a motherfucker for a year. I got lucky too. Some people don't know what they are selling so you won't find it under reaper or doom key names. I also searched by the code on the bottom of the figurines iirc.

I've almost given up finding the figurines I am missing. Nobody that truly likes Doom would give them up. Missing figurines is the ONLY thing I would ever consider trading my cyberdemons

It's a good thing I wasn't married back then. Try to justify spending a hundred some bucks on a metal figurine a few inches tall to a woman that has no clue what Doom is.

You know what, I remember how I started collecting these. It was right around the time when id Software started selling those pre-release Doom 3 boxes which had either the mancubus, Hell knight or the pink demon figurines. I purchased 3 of those and then started hunting for them on eBay. The cyberdemon was only released as part of the id Anthology as far as I know, a limited run. As far as I know the spider mastermind was never released to the public or manufactured by Reaper.
And I just realized I have the pain elemental and I am missing the cacodemon, I had those two mixed up.

fishbone said:

And I just realized I have the pain elemental and I am missing the cacodemon, I had those two mixed up.

I guess you've been playing Doom64 a lot then?

fishbone said:

The cyberdemon was only released as part of the id Anthology as far as I know, a limited run.

The Cyberdemon mini was indeed part of the Anthology box (as seen here), but it was sold separately as well; check out the retail packaging here and Reaper's Doom minis catalogue showing the Cyberdemon's suggested retail price here.

As far as I know the spider mastermind was never released to the public or manufactured by Reaper.

Firstly, it's not the Spider Mastermind, it's the Arachnotron. Secondly, it was manufactured and sold alright (here's the retail package).

The likely reason for the Cyberdemon and Arach minis being more rare than the others is that they were more expensive than the smaller minis and were thus probably manufactured and sold in smaller numbers.

EDIT:
Upon reading your posts more thoroughly, I guess you actually meant the Arach and Spiderdemon minis being completely separate things. If you know for a fact that there indeed was a Spider Mastermind figure, can you tell a bit more about it? I don't recall ever hearing about such a thing myself.

Yes, I'm obviously aware of the arachnotron since I have one myself ;)
I don't think the mastermind was built but I could be wrong. I'll look around on the net

Well, the minis that can be the same but painted differently to suggest different monsters are the Arachnotron/Spidermastermind, Demon/Spectre (paint the spectre completely black), and the Baron of Hell/Hellknight. You could also include the player colors too. In fact, you could repaint the Baron to be ST's Belphegor, the Cacodemon to ST's cacolantern or abbadon, and the imp into a dark imp! Or make a rainbow cyberdemon if you wanted to. This is what I love about paintable figurines.

I want. I want them and want to make a lot of copies and make my whole personal miniature army...

NeoWorm said:

I want them and want to make a lot of copies and make my whole personal miniature army...

You can actually make plaster molds to pour a material in that can reproduce the miniatures yourself! It might not be as strong as the original metal used for the miniatures so you'll have to be careful with them. You can also sell them at the flea market and ebay to unsuspecting buyers for lots of money!

Agent-H said:

You can actually make plaster molds to pour a material in that can reproduce the miniatures yourself! It might not be as strong as the original metal used for the miniatures so you'll have to be careful with them. You can also sell them at the flea market and ebay to unsuspecting buyers for lots of money!

I know, but I have to get the originals first. I can even make modifications and alternatives. I am quite skilled at modeling for wargaming.

Or at least I need to get copies or any other decent base. Originals would be the best.

Too bad I would only trust somebody local with my figurines, I'd volunteer my collection in a heartbeat

NeoWorm said:

I am quite skilled at modeling for wargaming.

How about you try your hand at making doom miniatures? I imagine that they would be a hell of a lot better than the original and stick more closely to the original design rather than the cartoony look of the originals.

I already tried. I dont feel like spending few hundred hours on making whats already done. And I would REALLY like to have originals. Or at least good copies of originals.

EDIT: Auction is over. I lost, coudnt bid more than 380$. It looks like I will have to make my own miniatures in the end...

Too late, you missed some auctions and I was too late to notify.
Marine, shotgun guy, rifle guy, arachnotron, pain elemental and cacodemon were up on eBay. The small figs sold for mid-20s and I was VERY tempted to snatch them. Arachnotron went for $150, pain elemental for $91 and I snatched the cacodemon for myself at a hefty $122. I sniped the auction. Placed a $100 bid on the $50 it was at the last minute, then threw in another $150 limit with 30 seconds to go and in the last 10 seconds the guy before me frantically tried to win it. Price kept going up and stopped by the counter. My heart was racing.
I still need to pick up an arch-vile and revenant and my collection is complete.

By the way, the cacodemon is sealed in the original box. I am torn. Do I take it out to display it with the rest of the collection? I had 3 other figs sealed in original packaging and I kinda regret taking them out, but having one fig sealed would look sort of strange. Then again I suppose I could very very carefully open the box in such a way that it could be re-sealed.

What would you do?

I now have a real SLR camera with a macro lens and I intend to re-take pics of every miniature. I’ll post them once I am done.

I really like the above idea to use the originals as a base for molds. I am open to trying it if I'm given some ideas from the experts.

I also watched those auctions but I already own cacodemon and pain elemental in blister and opened arachnotron blister. I laughed my ass off when I saw arachnotron going for 150$ because about a month earlier I was lucky enough to pick arachnotron with its original package in mint condition for 60$ and cacodemon and painelemental I won in bundle auction for 50$ about a year and a ahalf ago

With stuff like this it's very relative. It's enough to get 2 enthusiasts fighting and the price skyrockets. I saw a cyberdemon go for under $100. The value is so hard to gauge.

Here's some old photos of my minis, have been able to expand it with few other miniatures later. My goal is to get every miniature in 3 forms,1.opened/painted 2.opened and 3.unopened in blister, got also unique lost soul and imp blisters with signatures from 3 original doom miniature sculptures for helping reaper miniatures marketing some miniatures. Lost soul is horizontally so it is hard to spot

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/waffenak/?action=view¤t=02052010079.jpg

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/waffenak/?action=view¤t=DSCN0194.jpg