Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

lol "racism"

The reasoning "Why not rename the line" works perfectly. It's easy enough to do, and it will then not have the negative connotations to non-asian people who would use it as a joke or asians who would feel offended. Rename it, get on with life.

Graf Zahl said:

And now ask yourself:

If you were living in a city which was predominantly inhabited by black people with whites only living in certain areas. How about a 'white line' then? It might quickly become offensive, too.

What are you smoking?

I think the whole thing is silly. White people are becoming the minority anyway so what does it really matter anymore?

Well, just imagine a "white line" passing through poorer, littered (and white-inhabited) areas getting called the "white trash line".

While we're on the subject of discrimination, I'd like to point out that I find the term white chocolate very offensive. It's almost like they're trying to say it's meant for white people and white people only. I propose that we change the name of it to Silver Chocolate to show that people of all races eat it. The same applies to Dark Chocolate. The fact that it has a somewhat bitter taste seems like a direct insult towards african americans. Let's call it obsidian chocolate instead. Also the term yellow snow is offensive too. It's like saying that all Asians enjoy being pissed on. I say we change the name to golden snow instead.

Craigs said:
While we're on the subject of discrimination, [...] chocolate [...]

BlackBerry --> EbonyColoredExternallySeededFruit

Because berries are totally offended by the word "berry." It was a derogatory term in the 1830s or something.

chocolate rain, made me cross the street the other day - chocolate rain, made you turn your head the other way

Kagemaru_H said:

EDIT: I suppose we'll just wait until Dr. Manhattan, the Na'Vi from Avatar, and the Blue Man Group take offense to the "Blue Line"

Didn't you hear? 'Avatar' is already racist (because of the white people in it). I'm not kidding; I read about it in the paper about a month ago.

phi108 said:

The reasoning "Why not rename the line" works perfectly. It's easy enough to do, and it will then not have the negative connotations to non-asian people who would use it as a joke or asians who would feel offended. Rename it, get on with life.

Because they most likely spent a huge about of money on pamphlets, maps, signs, etc.

Technician said:
Because they most likely spent a huge about of money on pamphlets, maps, signs, etc.

Huge? It seems it wasn't enough compared to the effect the Asian community organs may have on its image or profits.

I hate racism with a passion. I think there is not call for it all and I think it is just terrible. With that said Id like to say thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I dont complain about white rice so they can shut up.

I too serve white rice exclusively to white people....

Seriously, as dumb as the people who complained about the subway line are, that could be the worst counterpoint ever... in the history of anything.

Hellbent said:

That's because white's have never been oppressed and have always been the one oppressing (red, brown, black, yellow, flaminco etc.)

I guess the Irish are not white or something. Someone must have missed the memo.

There was a time where it was scientifically accepted that the Irish were the remnants of the Neanderthal. History is weird.

Perhaps they should just change everything to various versions of plaid.

Oh wait...then politicians would be offended, as that's their favorite color. After all, politicians are a race of their own, and they need social protection. Nevermind.

Eponasoft said:

Perhaps they should just change everything to various versions of plaid.

Oh wait...then politicians would be offended, as that's their favorite color. After all, politicians are a race of their own, and they need social protection. Nevermind.

Plus what if the line is going through a Scottish district?