Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
exp(x)

Chocolate Doom 1.3.0 Released

Crap, can someone move this to news? I could have sworn I tried to start the thread there. I guess Ralphis isn't the only one who makes that mistake.

You're going to have to give me more detail than that. You need to tell me the exact sequence of events that you're going through and exactly what happens at each stage. It would also help if you gave me exact details of the device you're running it on (model number, OS version, etc)

fraggle said:

You're going to have to give me more detail than that. You need to tell me the exact sequence of events that you're going through and exactly what happens at each stage. It would also help if you gave me exact details of the device you're running it on (model number, OS version, etc)

windows mobile 6.1, HTC Kaiser II (TYTN). I simply install using the cab to my storage card. I then open chocolate-setup from my programs folder in ./games/ and I am told this:

'chocolate-setup' is not a valid Pocket PC application.

Heh, I suspect that the big red text on the MingW32CE website might have something to do with why it isn't working (consider the fact that I installed mingw32ce almost a year ago now)

I'll see if I can install the new version and recompile.

Well, maybe. It doesn't completely work yet :-)

(no way to change weapons or type savegame names)

Hello. Just stopped by to discuss a few issues involving this beautiful source port.

1. Combining "snd_samplerate 11025" and OPL for music playback (regular emulated, not passthrough, which I couldn't get to work even though my CMI8738 supports it and ioperm.sys is being properly initialized, but I'll leave that for another post) causes Chocolate Doom to "freeze" upon startup with a CPU usage of 100%

2. If the CAPS key is mapped to "speed on", you have to press it twice in order to make it work. Furthermore, it will be automatically disabled after beating a level/restarting the one you're currently playing.

3. Contrary to what http://www.chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/The_Sky_May_Be states, you can NOT make "The Sky May Be" work correctly by just typing "-merge _smb417.wad -deh blessed.deh"

With the aforementioned method, at least some of it's custom death sequences will not be available. E.g. the demon splitting in half.

In order to get this working, the game must be installed and SKYMAYBE.WAD has to be loaded with "-file". The situation for BLESSED.DEH remains the same, though.

4. The music from Doom2's map12 is completely screwed up in OPL mode.

System: Windows XP Pro SP3 + chocolate-doom-win32-r1935.zip

Thanks a lot.

Sign in to follow this