Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL ARCHVILE

Making Doom Miniatures

I'm fairly skilled at making miniatures, and i figured i could make a profit by making one or two Doom miniatures. Good idea, amirite?

Anyway, I need a large reference image of a Baron of Hell. Screenshot works fine, as long as Baron takes up most of screen. Preferably Large or Wallpaper size. K THX

you're about 14 years overdue.

EDIT: wait a minute you made that other thread about doom miniatures too.

EVIL ARCHVILE said:

I'm fairly skilled at making miniatures, and i figured i could make a profit by making one or two Doom miniatures. Good idea, amirite?

Anyway, I need a large reference image of a Baron of Hell. Screenshot works fine, as long as Baron takes up most of screen. Preferably Large or Wallpaper size. K THX

So you're going to make a profit on fan miniatures but don't feel like paying a few bucks to buy the game so that you could take your own screenshots?

(well, actually, you wouldn't even need to buy it since shareware Doom would be fine)

Jodwin said:

So you're going to make a profit on fan miniatures but don't feel like paying a few bucks to buy the game so that you could take your own screenshots?

(well, actually, you wouldn't even need to buy it since shareware Doom would be fine)

Or perhaps the guy simply doesn't know how to take screenshots.

Evil Archvile, I would love to see some pics of other miniatures anyway. So do post some screenies. :)

No thanks to this thread, the creation process has already started.

I thought it would be simpler to get a good image from this thread within a few minutes, rather that taking a crappy screenshot myself. Thank a lot, guys. Really helped. Might take some pics when I feel like digging for my camera. Which won't be for a few days. Also need a few days to finish. Until then, see ya.

EVIL ARCHVILE said:

No thanks to this thread, the creation process has already started.

I thought it would be simpler to get a good image from this thread within a few minutes, rather that taking a crappy screenshot myself. Thank a lot, guys. Really helped. Might take some pics when I feel like digging for my camera. Which won't be for a few days. Also need a few days to finish. Until then, see ya.

Oh, fuck you. You plan on making money on characters that you don't even own. You don't even want to give reference to some of your past works. You’re too lazy to look up what button on your keyboard to press to take a screen shot... and your rebuttal is a dick post that provides nothing but further evidence of how lazy your are.

Go to hell, we're one of the most intelligent and balanced communities on the net. If you can't see behind your own dumnassery then we don't want you.

Technician said:

Go to hell, we're one of the most intelligent and balanced communities on the net. If you can't see behind your own dumnassery then we don't want you.

What kind of intelligent person brags about their intellect?
And being douchy doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you're a jerk.

All I wanted was a picture, and what i got was everyone flaming me.

EVIL ARCHVILE said:

What kind of intelligent person brags about their intellect?
And being douchy doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you're a jerk.

All I wanted was a picture, and what i got was everyone flaming me.

I'd like to see some evidence to backup the entire content of this post.

EVIL ARCHVILE said:

Alright, maybe not everyone was flaming me.

People gently suggested that maybe you should learn how to take screenshots (or maybe extract resources from the IWAD) yourself, as learning to do this will make you more self-sufficient and less reliant on others. Then you post a smarmy comment as if people were obligated to help you. I can't really say I'm sorry for what ensued.

All i did was ask for a picture. Then I got smartass comments telling me to find one myself, or to learn to take a screenshot (which I know how to do) in a less crude manner. What was I supposed to reply with?

EVIL ARCHVILE said:

All i did was ask for a picture.

Yes and that's fine.

Then I got smartass comments telling me to find one myself, or to learn to take a screenshot (which I know how to do) in a less crude manner.

And here comes your dumbassery. I think your doing nothing but lying. If you knew how to take a screen shot then why didn’t you do it yourself? And how is taking a screen shot a less crude manner? I'm have to wonder if you know how to take a screen shot when you suggested your were going to use a camera, that you were to lazy to roll off your chair to get. You should have came in asking something more practical and challenging then something that you could have done yourself, either by pushing a button or searching on Google image. If you had chosen to ask for a sprite sheet or how to view the character in different angles then maybe someone may have helped you.

You didn't get smartass comments. We asked a couple of simple questions. You just couldn’t wait a couple of more posts for someone to post (Mr. Chris) what you needed before you shot your mouth off.

Learn from this experience and post a little more civil next time you need a communities help.

Look up Baron of Hell on Google Images. Do you see anything high quality? I thought that most of you have some sort of Doom Images with Barons of Hell. Apparently not. I ended up taking a (not very good) Screenshot and making my second post. Then i got a better image from Mr. Chris. You know what, whatever.

If there's anyone still interested in the miniature, then... Well i kinda made i more to the Action Figure side. It's 6 inches long. It's about a third of the way complete, with most major details done

Baron said:

I guess you've seen this already, but here's a semi-useful picture...

The original clay model the sprites were made from:

http://romero.smugmug.com/Video-Games/The-Archives/adrianbaron01/14482_rE9zd-O-2.jpg

Slightly better than going by the sprites...or someone else's interpretation of 'em.

/off topic - Dude ... my mom has a set of colored pencils with a very similar cover to the one on the desk O.o Then again she was a graphic artist in the 80s ...

EVIL ARCHVILE said:

Look up Baron of Hell on Google Images. Do you see anything high quality? I thought that most of you have some sort of Doom Images with Barons of Hell. Apparently not. I ended up taking a (not very good) Screenshot and making my second post. Then i got a better image from Mr. Chris. You know what, whatever.

High resolution images of Doom's bestiary - apart from the occasional Reaper miniature picture - are surprisingly thin on the ground. Your best bet is probably to extract a set of sprites from the IWAD and re-sample them to a higher resolution.

What if you do a google search? You know there are many web sites with game sprites. Lol, you even see a sprite sheet of the baron as first result.

If you really pretend to earn money you should know that being a pedant lazy retard will not help you in your business. In the other hand being proactive will do wonders. Just a suggestion (that I guess you're not in conditions to take).

Hey guys, i'm really sorry for reviving this old thread, but I wanted to apoligize for being a douche.

Anyway, somebody said i was lazy for not posting pics and stuff?
They were right. I am lazy.

I stopped making the figure when i was about halfway through, because as most lazy people do, i lost interest in it.

I'm back into doom, and still have the half finished figure.
I'm actually hoping to continue making it if i get struck by inspiration, and hopefully you'll see that i'm not completely full of shit :/

Thanks for reading back, and hopefully you forgave me.
I'll definetely try to be more polite in forums from now on.