Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trooper077

Olympics 2010 Opening Ceremony

So what did everyone think of the 2010 opening ceremony? I thought it was good minus the nelly and brain adams thing,Quite proud of my country

I thought you meant the rapper Nelly, you should specify!

I guess everything went alright except the torch lighting and a dude slamming into a metal pole and dying.

I'm also in Canada, but don't care about the ceremonies. The weather in Vancouver is bs. I mainly want to see the men's hockey (I don't care who wins, I just want to see good games). I was pretty shocked to see the luge accident/death. Makes me wonder why they don't make those courses like a waterslide (go through a full tube instead of half a tube, so you don't fly off the course).

Jodwin said:

People actually care about the ceremonies?

That's all some people care about **.

I keep meaning to watch them and then missing them. I want to go and actually watch the London 2012 one... unless i'm in Japan which i might be if i get on the JET programme. Oh well i think Tokyo wants them in 2016.

Remember, though: China faking thier firworks is worse than claiming Saddam Hussein could blow up London within 45 minutes. Blair has spoken.

Sports are boring. Ceremonies are even more boring. Well, really fast, dangerous sports like skiing or luge are sort of interesting sometimes.

TimeOfDeath said:

I'm also in Canada, but don't care about the ceremonies. The weather in Vancouver is bs. I mainly want to see the men's hockey (I don't care who wins, I just want to see good games). I was pretty shocked to see the luge accident/death. Makes me wonder why they don't make those courses like a waterslide (go through a full tube instead of half a tube, so you don't fly off the course).

Ummm...then we wouldn't be able to see anything. I guess they could put cameras inside, but the view would be weird and would have a good chance of being knocked off. Also, they've been making luge courses for years, and this is the first time I ever heard of someone dying on one.

Anyway, didn't watch the opening ceremonies, even though they're so close by. I've never been a huge fan of the Olympics, though I've always liked the Winter Olympics a bit more.

I always miss the ceremony crap. This time I was play testing my map(s) and listening to music. I reckon that's more fun that watching some Olympic ceremony stuffs.

Luge in a tube? Sounds like some kind of athletic ointment. :P I can't see them having it completely covered.... ummm then again the top half could be some kind of clear plexi-glass stuffage. BUT then if some poor bastard had an accident in there, how would you get em out in a hurry... send the luge ambulance in?

I kinda like watching the skiing events and also the hockey and the bobsled / luge thing is interesting sometimes. Overall, I don't really care if I do miss it all.

I was into it for the first hour, then it was just dragging on and on, like they always do. I thought it was painfully earnest at times. I had to go back to watch Gretzky light the torch of course. I live near Vancouver and I'm a little embarrassed for my urban neighbors. They seem kinda stupid and shallow, so I'm sure they enjoyed the opening ceremonies immensely.

They were pretty good, but they did seem to drag on for awhile. I liked all the Canadian stuff, it did seem more earnest than much of the stuff I see everywhere else [/canadalover]

EDIT: Did anyone else want to see the mounties break into The Lumberjack Song after raising the flag?

Aliotroph? said:

Sports are boring. Ceremonies are even more boring. Well, really fast, dangerous sports like skiing or luge are sort of interesting sometimes.

You sound like a ball of fun