Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Deus Vult and Deus Vult 2 demos [-complevel 9]

Deus Vult 2 map03 - Crouching Demon, Hidden Archvile(NM Speed) by 0:09.

The damage/exit sector effect speeds up the ending of this map. And the name of this map is based on the famous chinese film "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".

dv2-03-009.zip

just a table filler here obviously, barely worth watching (will be faster to watch than to download probably)

------
deus vult II map32
uv-speed/pacifist in 00:01
------

stupid 00:02:03 was annoying for a couple of minutes. :p

deusvult2-32speed.zip

oh geez- good I love this map, I'd have run out of patience long ago for other levels.
8second improvement, without falling-mistakes. A leftover mancubus let me waste some precious seconds at the very latter part, rest is how 95% of my runs here now looks like. changed cyber strategy after dying twice there D:
aiming for a last improvement before leaving the map 4ever btw
enjoy :>

dvii-22-5-23.zip

wow after 2 more attempts i had a 5:21 so that didnt count *cough cough
this is my last entry here I guess, 05:16 should be quite a fair record now

slight imperfection, but reached final stairs very early, the cyber did their job and the final annihilation went smooth. much depends also on the movement of the barons after all.

dvii-22-5-16+shits.zip

blob1024 said:

wow after 2 more attempts i had a 5:21 so that didnt count *cough cough
this is my last entry here I guess, 05:16 should be quite a fair record now

slight imperfection, but reached final stairs very early, the cyber did their job and the final annihilation went smooth. much depends also on the movement of the barons after all.

In the "shit" demo, you could've pressed "use" on any section of the ledge and it'd lower like a lift.

tempun said:

In the "shit" demo, you could've pressed "use" on any section of the ledge and it'd lower like a lift.

oh funny thing, I didnt know!
that falling occurred actually twice in my attempts, and the first time I tried -at least i thought so- everywhere to lower the passage but didnt work.
now i checked again and you are right. it doesnt lower only at the early beginning of the platform of the staircase, where I probably had clicked-failing
;) anyway with any of those mistakes the time would be probably screwed sadly :s

That was fantastic demo, great job!

It's a shame that this wad have goofy stuff in it (like that stupid telefrag section or pictures of famous people). It kinda ruins the whole experience...

Memfis said:
It's a shame that this wad have goofy stuff in it (like that stupid telefrag section or pictures of famous people). It kinda ruins the whole experience... [/B]

Yeah, random pictures of famous people just don't make good secrets. I don't mind them so much in the first DV though, but DVII went totally overboard, so much as to include random "funny" pictures even in non-secret maps. Really ruins the mood and visuals too (which are far superior, and gorgeous, in original DV imo).

Awesome demo as usual.

Keep it up.

Without watching the demos side-to-side, I guess that you're beating Belial's times with more multitasking. I still enjoy his "procedural" style though. I think I'll go watch his demos again...

Hock said:

Deus Vult Map 02 NM-speed in 0:16

Great. Now my work is really cut out for me.

Hock said:

Deus Vult Map 02 NM-speed in 0:16

I haven't managed it yet, but 0:15 should be possible without TAS. So, why are you using SR50 on turns?

MAP02 UV-Speed in 1:08

Copying NM-Speed's strategy involves insane luck, which I don't have. So here is a quite optimized demo. Have fun beating it.

dv02-108.zip