Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Deus Vult and Deus Vult 2 demos [-complevel 9]

Mickaël Girard said:

Here's my UV Speed demo on dv02

Dang, I've been beaten to it! I was working on this same demo except my glide was between the center bars. How is this one even possible? And so easy, no less?

Welp, there's only one way to beat an improbably easy and efficient shortcut, and that's with a holy shit are you kidding me shortcut.

DV MAP02 NIGHTMARE! SPEED in 0:20.
Also PACIFIST, bitches.

dv02n020.zip

For some reason I had this urge to do some NMspeed demos of Deus Vult II by taking advantage of the death exits.

Map12 NMspeed 0:14
Map13 NMspeed 0:31
Map21 NMspeed(also pacifist) 0:13
Map22 NMspeed(also pacifist) 0:08
Map23 NMspeed 0:20
Exe: Prboom-plus 2.5.0.7

dv2nmspeeddemos.zip

Creaphis said:

Nice runs, z0diac, but just a little bit too aggressive for my taste.

Hey, they started it. :)

Creaphis said:

DV MAP03 UV PACIFIST in 3:11

Nice one! I thought you could do an archie-boost to bypass the red bars but I just never thought of grabbing the invulnerability on the way...

Creaphis said:

I found that sector 604 (an instant-raising sector on a ledge with two barons)
doesn't raise when it's supposed to on -complevel 2, but it works correctly in -complevel 9.

I noticed this too. My NM run is on '2' and my other runs are on '9'. You could say it helps a bit on the nightmare run because it enables you to skip the barons and save health.

z0diac said:

Map03 nightmare:

a funny sighting: when you're waiting for the red key to descend, a hitler portrait is visible all the way upwards. it's so random it kept me entertained during the whole 'pause'.

dew said:

a funny sighting: when you're waiting for the red key to descend, a hitler portrait is visible all the way upwards. it's so random it kept me entertained during the whole 'pause'.

Heh I actually didn't notice this at first. On my screen it's visible only when I'm looking at the altar. When I turn to face the red key pillar I can't see it anymore. I guess your fov value is different from what I use (90).

Anyway, here's map04 UV fast:

dv042629.zip

Hey, HEY! What's with all these tricky demos popping up all over the place??? GreenHerring alerted me.

How dare that Creaphis abuse that eye of Sauron, jumping off it and making fun of my map! Z0diac, gj on the Map05 run, but don't do DVII Map29, because DVII Second Edition will break the demo.

Huy, speedrunners only run maps that they're interested in. It's a sign of appreciation and respect. I abuse your maps, gutting them linedef by linedef in the search for exploits, because I care.

Speaking of which, here's a DV MAP04 UV SPEED demo in 2:25, 1:32 faster than Anima Zero's current record.

dv04-225.zip

Creaphis said:

Huy, speedrunners only run maps that they're interested in. It's a sign of appreciation and respect. I abuse your maps, gutting them linedef by linedef in the search for exploits, because I care.

Speaking of which, here's a DV MAP04 UV SPEED demo in 2:25, 1:32 faster than Anima Zero's current record.

^
very nice :>
and it's always a pleasure to see DV demos, the design of each level is fabolous.